Enjoyed the quiet

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
During the eclipse, all man made noise stopped. Nature seemed to even stop. I have never really experienced that kind of quiet. Not at my house anyway. I live off the road, but you can still hear it. I made an effort to listen today, and you can hear the bussel of man all over my place. I know I won't, but it has put a serious desire in me to move where I can't hear civilization. Hearing that quiet has made me aware of even the noise in my house------heat pump, refrigerator, the list goes on and on. I have recently been separating myself society more and more. I almost wish that I hadn't heard the quiet. I want it all the time now.

Bigfoot":1obef7ta said:
During the eclipse, all man made noise stopped. Nature seemed to even stop. I have never really experienced that kind of quiet. Not at my house anyway. I live off the road, but you can still hear it. I made an effort to listen today, and you can hear the bussel of man all over my place. I know I won't, but it has put a serious desire in me to move where I can't hear civilization. Hearing that quiet has made me aware of even the noise in my house------heat pump, refrigerator, the list goes on and on. I have recently been separating myself society more and more. I almost wish that I hadn't heard the quiet. I want it all the time now.

On the WWW " World Wide Web " aka the internet is not separating yourself from society.... Just saying :lol: :lol: :lol: Usually when separation from society it starts with the Internet, TV, Radio etc Not many withdrawing from society write about it on the web.

We are fairly quiet here, but there was a piece of land we looked at 50 miles north where the silence has very strong presence.. it's absolutely noticeable.. a couple grasshopper clicking their wings, otherwise NOTHING

quietest day I ever heard was right after 911 when they grounded all the airplanes...

the rest of the world around us seemed to quiet down for a few days as well...

That's what I like about where I live. The majority of the time it's dead quite. Very few neighbours for miles. I love going up on a hill overlooking the pasture and watching the cows, ahhh peace and quite.........then the dam dogs start barking
:mad:

To drive to the interstate it's about 2 miles. To walk there it would be about 1/2, as the crow flies and all that. I like it, especially after this past winter when my foot tried to kill me. What's weird is that there are days that I can barely hear myself think, and then it will be so quiet the next that I can here the electric motors on the pivot across the field from the house. I have no idea why it will be so quiet the one day and so loud the next, but it's a pretty good place to live. The only weird thing that happened yesterday was the dog got a little upset and sat under my chair during the whole thing. I don't think she liked it too much.

We get about ten cars a day in front of the house and maybe as many tractors during certain times of the year. At night there is nobody for at least a quarter mile. What neighbors I do have could live in my front yard and I wouldn't mind and I'm an exceptionally introvert type(believe it or not). They're just good people.
I think it's just right here. Nice and distant but not to far away that we can't get what we need within an hour.
I have lived in the back country and loved it but things like medical emergencies make you stop and think a little. I'm old enough now that I might not survive a few of the things that happened then if they happened now without immediate help.

I have a constant chirping of a million crickets in my ears. It never goes away. I go to sleep with it and I wake up to it. It doesn't matter where I am, inside or out, earplugs or not they are always chirping.

melking":3tbn5w4m said:
I have a constant chirping of a million crickets in my ears. It never goes away. I go to sleep with it and I wake up to it. It doesn't matter where I am, inside or out, earplugs or not they are always chirping.

I can relate to that. I was told that hearing aids could help, but I can't imagine out how.

melking":1yvuzm9p said:

At certain times of the year, for me...it's frogs, and I don't live anywhere near France.

Latest posts