Employee Indicited

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43":3hv519e2 said:
A part time employee has been indicted , on charges nothing related to the job, it is grounds for dismissal , (which could result in a lawsuit)or filing for unemployment, another choice would be suspend employee and wait on a court decision from the charges, which could result in paying unemployment till the court makes the decision, the last choice keep the employee on the payroll till the court decides guilty or not guilty, keeping in mind even though the employee has been indicted they are not guilty till the court makes a decision. My first thought was to let the employee go, I am trying to decide which is the best decision for the organization, because this is a (not for profit) farm organization operating on a fixed budget. One other consideration we are a organization that needs to maintain a high public image.

What charges and for what crime? That would definitely have to be a factor in any decision-

GMN":2swsvi05 said:
What charges and for what crime? That would definitely have to be a factor in any decision-

:nod:

Those, I think, would be the elements in which I would decide how to handle it.

I also agree with those that suggested an SOP is in order. It may not help now, but it could be of benefit in the future.

Abstain from all appearance of evil - Not only from evil itself, but from that which seems to be wrong. There are many things which are known to be wrong. They are positively forbidden by the laws of heaven, and the world concurs in the sentiment that they are wicked. But there are also many things about which there may be some reasonable doubt. It is not quite easy to determine in the case what is right or wrong. The subject has not been fully examined, or the question of its morality may be so difficult to settle, that the mind may be nearly or quite balanced in regard to it. There are many things which, in themselves, may not appear to us to be positively wrong, but which are so considered by large and respectable portions of the community; and for us to do them would be regarded as inconsistent and improper. There are many things, also, in respect to which there is great variety of sentiment among mankind - where one portion would regard them as proper, and another as improper.
Avoid even the appearance of wrongdoing.

I luv herfrds":2e56472n said:
Had a very similar situation here in town. A woman was investigated for stealing from her employer. A lot of people believed her guilty and others tried the innocent til proven.
Well another former employer had an audit done and discovered a $24,000 loss while she was working for them. She was working at another place when she plead guilty. Then the place she was working at they discovered that several accounts never got the monies put on them and several gift cards had monies disappear.
She is currently in prison. They figure she stole over $100,000 dollars from various employers in this town.

I think people such as this lady get over confident when they do not get caught and then make simple mistakes and get caught-Have you ever read about the lady who stole millions from the county she worked for, Rita Crundwell it, its really fascinating, as to how she did it, and the double life she lead, as a horse person-it boggles the mind though that no one around her had a clue, how she got caught is she went on vacation and left the secret bank book in her desk, the fill in found it and called the FBI-they then did a secret investigation, and eventually confronted her and arrested her-Even when they arrested her she was calm as a cucumber-she got 20 years in jail for it-plus all her asseots, show horses all her stuff was sold to pay back the county-it was amazing what she all had, all paid with with stolen money

Latest posts