Emergency room visit 3 times in 24 hrs

Help Support CattleToday:

Sorry this happened! Looks like she is gonna be trying to heal this up for quite a while.

I had a spider bite in almost that same spot. Thought it was a skeeter bite at first, but it just kept getting bigger and redder and hotter to the touch. Went to the Dr., he said he thought it was a brown recluse bite and gave me antibiotics. It cleared right up. But mine never opened up like that picture, and I didn't have any flesh die off, so I think it was something else that bit me. I have heard of people losing limbs and even their lives by not seeking treatment soon enough from a brown recluse bite.

I got bit year's ago by one took almost a year to get over it. Thought my arm was going to rot off then had joint pain for a year. I was a young man when I got bit. I have been scared of spiders ever since.
Throw a spider on me and I will scream run and cry like a school girl.
When I get through crying and cleaned up you best not be around.

Sky is sure feel for your wife. I know we were on pins and needles last summer when we were infested with Widows. We now have the house professionally sprayed every three months.
And a special thanks to Hoss, I'm now sitting in the bathtub naked with a can of spider spray. I got tired of running to the bathroom to check my drawers every time I had an itch.

Sorry to hear that. It will take a while to heal. My sister was bitten and it seemed like it took forever.

Sorry to hear about your wife. She will get better. I have my house sprayed once a month. I keep a 2 gallon sprayer filled with tempo. Tem something, I can't remember. I wet crawls space door, vents, front door threshold, and back door threshold. I figure that's were a spider has to come in.

Isom, as a teenager a friend and I were splitting cedars with a wedge and gullet. I struck the wedge really hard with a sledge. I sliver of it broke off and went flying. It struck him in one of his you know whats. He ended up loosing one of them. Tragedy can strike anywhere anytime. Live each day to its fullest.

Caustic Burno":birpaqor said:
I got bit year's ago by one took almost a year to get over it. Thought my arm was going to rot off then had joint pain for a year. I was a young man when I got bit. I have been scared of spiders ever since.
Throw a spider on me and I will scream run and cry like a school girl.
When I get through crying and cleaned up you best not be around.

I am same way about spiders i hate them.

Thanks ISO JO BIG ....yea I guess we will be having that done as well first company i found on yellow pages I told them come spray didn't ask how much of haggle they sprayed today. They sprayed my shop as well but im just gonna use bombs on my barns and stuff.

HOSS":3krm81dr said:
I got bit on the leg by a brown recluse 2 or 3 years ago. Went through the meds routine and the cutting away of the infected flesh. Just left a hole like scar. The only real problems I had was the sick stomach and achy joints until the poison worked out of my system. A friend of our family got bit on the testicals. They swelled up to softball size. He didn't seak treatment right away because he thought it was a tick bite at first. He wound up spending several months in the hospital and almost died. Brown Recluse bites can be really serious if not addressed quickly after being bitten.
If anything bites me there in going to the doctor :help: :hide: