Emergency declared after EPA pollutes river

Help Support CattleToday:

An "environmental group" or an alliance of environmental groups will sue EPA and soon a huge settlement will be announced. The taxpayers will fill the coffers of some environmental groups which will use the money to fight "climate change", which will translate to "building our attorney a second vacation home".

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be in all our interests to just pay them and tell them to stay at the house.

EPA says the spill they created is munch worse than they anticipated, It is discharging 500 gallons a minute into the Animas River which flows into the Colorado River, which will affect Nevada and California drinking water, farms and ranches wildlife and Indian Reservations. The whole River is orange, can you imagine if a private company had done this.

john250":3cav3htr said:
Jogeephus":3cav3htr said:
I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be in all our interests to just pay them and tell them to stay at the house.

We'd all be better off, but they're dedicated to making us all dependant on windmills.

When they stick up windmills here is the day I'm buying a horse. ;-)

Stocker Steve":n6grq4mr said:
cowboy43":n6grq4mr said:
The whole River is orange, can you imagine if a private company had done this.

How much gold is in it ?

Hundreds of old mines in that area, so might have had some, but you'd never know since the Animas was always opaque white/yellow (but not orange) and you couldn't see the bottom of the river anyway. Silver was the real moneymaker in that area.

The headwaters of the Animas are in the area of the old mine they were messing around with. The damm thing has been sitting there idle for close to 100 years. Why'd they have to go messing with it anyway?

The Animas empties into the San Juan River, which in turn empties into the Colorado. In good years Lake Powell backs up into both the the San Juan and the Colorado. Lake Powell is pretty deep. With any luck, most of the crap can be retained/controlled in Lake Powell before it gets to Glen Canyon dam. If much tainted water gets through GC and into Lees Ferry and the Grand Canyon, that could be really catastrophic for that area. Lees Ferry used to be a world renowned trout fishery. The environmentalists put a big dent in that, but its still a great place for fishing. If they manage to kill them all the environmentalists wont know what to do with themselves... Sue the EPA, or jump for joy that they destroyed the non-native trout.

I say the EPA needs to be abolished, their incompetent. I read about this spill a few cays ago on CNN, but they left the EPA part out.
Imagine that.

CottageFarm":110qr30n said:
Lees Ferry used to be a world renowned trout fishery. The environmentalists put a big dent in that, but its still a great place for fishing.

What kind of unnatural things are the environmentalists doing to the trouts?

Give the EPA a little credit, they were trying to clean up an abandoned gold mine. Several over the state of Colorado. Should the gold mine have been left alone. Who knows accidents happen.

hurleyjd":3hqhdfcx said:
Give the EPA a little credit, they were trying to clean up an abandoned gold mine. Several over the state of Colorado. Should the gold mine have been left alone. Who knows accidents happen.

If you or I would of caused something like this, the EPA would bankrupt us. The same the same thing should apply to them. They all should be fired, and the company closed down.

The Gestapo investigating themselves this should be good.
Every one of the Federal alphabet soup agencies need to be abolished.
Let the states decide as in the 10th amendment on what agencies and regulations they want.

Latest posts