Embryos

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
It was a good day yesterday for flushing. We flushed 2 donor cows yesterday. One of them has been flushed in the past, while the other one was the first time she had it done.

Dynette 902 had 23 #1's frozen while Roxie 818 froze 12 # 1's.

The Dynette cow has been averaging around 18 before this flush.

What does everyone else normally get? They tell me that the national average is around 6.

What did you flush to? We got burned on our last ET experience and been gun shy ever since.

have a cold one

lazy ace

902 (reg. # 669901) was to WR Red Dawg (1046249)
818 (reg. # 629249) was to PIE Accelerator (979303)

we average 10-11 #1s and 5-6 #2 & 3's

our highest has been 22 #1's

lazy ace":2wntmbfj said:
What did you flush to? We got burned on our last ET experience and been gun shy ever since.

have a cold one

lazy ace

who does the flushing is very important.

e tried a guy that had just gotten out of ET school and was a vet. we had terrible results. After switching to a very experienced flush vet, we have had very good results. there usually isnt enough money saved to try an inexperienced flush vet/tech.

Well, we flushed Monday and one flush was the result of 18 grade #1 embryos and the other one wasn't the greatest flush; the other donor only flushed 3 grade #1 embryos. Take care. :cboy:

I used a huge outfit in Texas for over a year with HORRIBLE results. I have for the past year used A/O genetics and had incredible results. I would recommend to anyone. We have had as high as 28 grade #1 and average around 20 eggs on the cows we have flushed. these are proven donors that have a proven flush record. when we switched we got 3 times the production at 1/3 the cost. If anyone is interested in using them I would highly recommend them. you can contact them at (479)847-5731. Tim O'neal.
they can house your cows, manage them, and set up recips. They are good people.

Well, average our cow in and it brings the average way down :( . Two years ago we tried to flush a cow. We only got as far as the vet examining her before starting the hormone shots. She was cystic each time and the vet said that doesn't make for good conception. So we tried the hormone shots to clear the cysts, no luck. After three cycles and no go at starting the flush protocal we turned her out with the bull. She got bred on her first cycle, as she always had with a bull or AI.

So, does she count in the average for retrieving eggs from donor cows?

Your results sound great to me. ET can be a very humbling experience filled highs and lows. Thats why the national average is 6 and it takes a lot 1's and 0's to make it that way. Most folks want to brag about their good flushes and forget their bad ones. Our best flush was 31 good eggs and we have gotten 4 or less many times.