embryo transfer

Help Support CattleToday:

dguess7

Reaction score
What is the cost of having embryo transfer done? I live in Oklahoma. I would like to get a 4 or 5 donor cows to get a start to raise club calves. Is this a good way to get started? Any help would be great

dguess7":1a74duo3 said:
What is the cost of having embryo transfer done? I live in Oklahoma. I would like to get a 4 or 5 donor cows to get a start to raise club calves. Is this a good way to get started? Any help would be great

I hope you have plenty of money that you're mad at if you go this route.

buying donors wouldn't be the best route imo, but if that's what you want to do, you may contact Star Lake Cattle Company in Skiatook. they do lots of embryo transfer & use several embryologists. one of them is Dr Bien w/BovGen here in Texas.

It coest around 250-300 to do the flush and about 50 to put them in the recip. Yoou can make good money doing this if your donors are proven cows and you have a good marketing stratagy.

txshowmom":4oj15pdr said:

It coest around 250-300 to do the flush and about 50 to put them in the recip. Yoou can make good money doing this if your donors are proven cows and you have a good marketing stratagy.
And most get less than 60% conceprion rate using frozen embryos and about 70 % conception using fresh embryos. So you can double that cost or use at least 75% additional expense.

Latest posts