Embryo Transfer

Help Support CattleToday:

Lone Elm

Reaction score
I just completed a week long class in embryo transfer and I am wondering if grading embryos is as much a challenge for others as it was for me. Are there any good internet resources to help one practice grading embryos? Thanks for your input. :D

yes grading can be tough but here are a few tips:
Embryo Grading and Classification
Stage Quality
1 X Unfertilized egg
3 1 Immature
3 2 Extruded Blastocysts
4 2 Extruded Blastocysts
5 1 Early Blastocyst Excellent
Blastoseal lighter color
6 1 Large clear space Excellent
7 1 Dark area at 12 noon
Lower portion lighter
8 1 Hatched egg
2 2 8 cell egg (dead egg)
4 3 degeneraate cell (poor)

Where did you take the class? I am looking to take the class and only can find Kansas and texas. It would be quite a trip for me. Was hoping there may be more schools around than just the two.
Thanks,
Double R

Double R Ranch":37sti35b said:
Where did you take the class? I am looking to take the class and only can find Kansas and texas. It would be quite a trip for me. Was hoping there may be more schools around than just the two.
Thanks,
Double R
I taught the class and wrote the manual --if you want it I can email it to you--- let me know
Ed

edrsimms":1pztpq3g said:
Double R Ranch":1pztpq3g said:
Thanks,
Double R
I taught the class and wrote the manual --if you want it I can email it to you--- let me know
Ed

That would be greatly appreciated! I can't figure out how to PM you to give you my email. I defonitly want the manual!!! Thanks so much.
Double R

I took the class in Senatobia, Mississippi. It is called the National Embryo Transfer School and it is taught by Dr. Peter Elsden. He is the "legend" as far as embryo transfer goes. I highly recommend him.

Lone Elm":npm9mdg2 said:
I took the class in Senatobia, Mississippi. It is called the National Embryo Transfer School and it is taught by Dr. Peter Elsden. He is the "legend" as far as embryo transfer goes. I highly recommend him.

I have been looking at that school. Good to know. Thanks. Anyone else go to any other schools and have an opinion on them would love to hear it.
Double R

Ed

Ed I would also like to have that manual... I have a lot of embryos implanted and would like to know more about it.... you can pm me or get my email off of my prefs....

Thanks

deenranch":4n0m4lvw said:
Ed

Ed I would also like to have that manual... I have a lot of embryos implanted and would like to know more about it.... you can pm me or get my email off of my prefs....

Thanks

Highly recomend it. It is a very good manual. Thanks again for sharing!
Double R

I appreciate someone asking the same question that I had. If one of you could, I would appreciate the manual as well. I am interested in learning more about ET, so I can decide if I want to try using it.
Thanks
T

Latest posts