Embryo Transfer

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if any studies have shown an increase in congenital defects resulting from the use of embryo transfer in any breed? <br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

<p>The American Simmental Association has been keeping tract of congenital defects in registered cows for years...I'm sure they have a study regarding which are natural breeding and which are from embyos.
<br>

Interesting question. I have been using ET for several years and now have one flush I can't get a cow to bring to term. They have all aborted at 7 months. I have no proof its congenital, but its too co-incidental. No other abortions have occured in the herd, or even from the same donor cow in other flushes.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2qvourv7 said:
: Does anyone know if any studies have shown an increase in congenital defects resulting from the use of embryo transfer in any breed? <p>Trans Ova Genetics has several offices here in the Midwest (and a website, listed below), perhaps they may have some information. I believe some of the early embryo transfer studies were done at Colorado State University (Dr. Peter Elsden ?) you may try there too.<p>Interesting good question.
<br>

[email protected]

Sorry, the website didn't appear. Here it is.<br>www.transova.com<p>Good Luck.
<br>