embryo purchase ?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am buying some brangus embryos. has anyone had any dealing with this kind of work. i know the sucess rate is around 65-70 precent and maybe a little higher if they are frozen. most eggs are $400 each. if you buy 10 and get 7 preg. then you lost $1200 right off the bat. does anyone sell guarenteed pregs with eggs. thanks

If the genetics of the embryos are what you truly need and want for you situation then embryos are a good investment. If they aren't exactly what you need and want then they are BIG mistake. You need to be absolutely sure of what you are buying.
No one will guarantee 100% pregs but should guarantee a percentage if implanted by a tech.
The best success rates are from direct transfer.

plb cattle":2a8dk5u0 said:
I am buying some brangus embryos. has anyone had any dealing with this kind of work. i know the sucess rate is around 65-70 precent and maybe a little higher if they are frozen. most eggs are $400 each. if you buy 10 and get 7 preg. then you lost $1200 right off the bat. does anyone sell guarenteed pregs with eggs. thanks

you can get recp. cows guarenteed safe . but will run 2000 -3000

WORANCH":16r0g72w said:
you can get recp. cows guarenteed safe . but will run 2000 -3000
If you buy receips inplanted stay away from dairy recips. That has been a problem with spreading Johnes Disease

plb cattle":2jhk07m9 said:

What kind of recepeints do you have?

Hello,

We hav ebeen doing ET for many many years

all that has been said above is true

We raise our own recips, recips should be awesome commercial females cappable of having a largecalf and have good udder cappacity

You can avoid disease transmition only by disease screening your females prior to transplant "Period"

Beef females can transmit all the same diseases as dairy animals

One key point I see that everyone has neglected is nutrition, prior to transplant, having recips in a good plane of nutrition such as high 4 to 5 BCS, a good quality loose mineral program and good herd health managment, such as fly control, worming and vaccination program will greatly affect the quality of your results,

With all the above you can have very high success with a skilled tech who has their head on the quality of your programs results, if your tech does not care how good your results are, you can bet the results will be very poor, I have experienced both cases

Very good points, Michelle.
Have a good Tech. Most Vets are not good Techs. They should tell you so if they are not.
I personally have not ever talked to any that said they were. They all say that they can do the job, but were not good at it.
#1 Get a Good Tech.
# 2 Have the Recipts on a High Plane of Nutrition.

Latest posts