Embrio work

Help Support CattleToday:

Idaman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good firm or person who can flush some cows for me freeze, the embrios, and ship them to me. The work needs to be done in East Texas. I have lots of potential recips so that is not a problem.

Idaman":3o35ozz6 said:
Does anyone know of a good firm or person who can flush some cows for me freeze, the embrios, and ship them to me. The work needs to be done in East Texas. I have lots of potential recips so that is not a problem.

Try Champion Genetics at http://www.championgenetics.com They should be close to where you need them to be.

They did an excellent job collecting my new herd bull.

George

We are in the process of starting a new and small herd of Anxiety 4ths, since they are almost extinct. We have found some cows but they are really small and are held in low exteme on CT. What we plan to do is flush these small cows and then put the embryos into our larger recip cows. The sires are pretty large so this extra step might just be necessary.

>>are held in low exteme on CT.<<

Esteem. How do you know? We have pretty diverse group here. A lot of us liked the bulls you pictured earlier. Perhaps you could post pictures of these cows?

Thanks.

WichitaLineMan":3bgf7bms said:

Esteem. How do you know? We have pretty diverse group here. A lot of us liked the bulls you pictured earlier. Perhaps you could post pictures of these cows?

Thanks.

I will but they are of Lentz breeding and at Knersie warned me about them. We want to flush them to a rather large bull so we cqn get the calves birthed ok.

Idaman":1zmd03xj said:
WichitaLineMan":1zmd03xj said:

Thanks.

I will but they are of Lentz breeding and at Knersie warned me about them. We want to flush them to a rather large bull so we cqn get the calves birthed ok.

Don't get me wrong, there is enough I like about them, I love the romantism and nostalgia, I have alot of respect for Jim Lents, I have just seen enough evidence to know that what is claimed in The Lamplighter is little more than salesman's talk. I would hate to see the line die out and would love to get my hands on some of them provided that I get to pick what I want to use without being given direction on how I should mate them. I would love the challenge to try and make them better within the airtight Anxiety 4th line. I'll leave it with this comment... The fact that they are linebred for 120+ years don't automatically make them all superior.

KNERSIE":3ppq1am0 said:
Idaman":3ppq1am0 said:
WichitaLineMan":3ppq1am0 said:

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, there is enough I like about them, I love the romantism and nostalgia, I have alot of respect for Jim Lents, I have just seen enough evidence to know that what is claimed in The Lamplighter is little more than salesman's talk. I would hate to see the line die out and would love to get my hands on some of them provided that I get to pick what I want to use without being given direction on how I should mate them. I would love the challenge to try and make them better within the airtight Anxiety 4th line. I'll leave it with this comment... The fact that they are linebred for 120+ years don't automatically make them all superior.

Knersie- curious as to what evidence you've seen and what claims in The Lamplighter you don't beleive? I think Jim himself tells us that linebreeding concentrates both what you select for and what you don't select against, which doesn't necessarily relate to superiority- what would you select for differently to make them better within the line?

Thanks, I have been in touch with Dr. Bien that someone on here recommended. He is very prompt with his emails and now has a ride for the cow to his facility. There he charges $4.90 per day for boarding. Other charges are reasonable as well. We hope for lots of flushes and lots of eggs as we are going to start a herd out of this cow.

WichitaLineMan":e5ay9bs7 said:
Could you post the contact (or PM) information for Dr. Bien?

Thanks

Yes, his email is
Boyd Bien <[email protected]>

He answers your email almost immediately as in twice already today. I REALLY like that.

Latest posts