Elves needed!

Help Support CattleToday:

The one on the far left has not bee skirted yet in the picture so you can see the swivel casters (wheels) on it.

Your grand kids will love them ,and 20 years form now they will cherish them with all their hearts . Beautiful work Boogie, they look like a lot of time and love has gone into them .

hillsdown":yf4amiz3 said:
Your grand kids will love them ,and 20 years form now they will cherish them with all their hearts . Beautiful work Boogie, they look like a lot of time and love has gone into them .
Ditto.

Great job of workmanship Boogie...glad you showed us ahead of time or I'd think I was in the funeral home. lolol.... ;-)

Thanks folks. My estimates of how much time it would take to build each chest was way off. It takes me too long. Don't know how folks can build these and make any money for their time.

I am proud of them. Holidays are a tough time for me in the first place. Dad's birthday would have been last Saturday and that's always tough too. Building these things has me looking forward to Christmas more so than normal. It is different pouring yourself in to something versus just going to the store. It has gotten me to thinking about what's going to be next year's projects. Leather?

do you biscuit and glue the boards together and then plane them before sanding? Nice workmanship no matter how you do it. being somewhat of a wood worker myself I love the smell of cedar when I work it.
Bout what are the dimensions are they??

My grandfather carved me a little jewelery box out of camphor wood for my 15th Birthday, I sure cherish it and think about him whenever I open it, I'm sure your grand kids will appreciate your beautiful gift to them.

Allison that is what I hope for. Originally there was only going to be three, for the grandaughters, but then someone asked me if I would like to have had one made by my grandfather. So I decided to build them for the two boys as well.

Hopalong they are 40 inches long by 20 inches wide. 16 inches tall before the dome lid puts them about 19 1/2 inches overall inside height, including the lid. The planer is only 12 inches wide so they will not go through as a unit. The interior corners have oak 2 by 2's split on a 45 screwed and glued. Didn't figure the old bisquits would have gained much so I didn't used them. A friend has one with bisquits that came apart. The glue is really old. I put oak corners in the inside and repaired it.

Latest posts