Ellie Mae

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
0
Location
South La
Where you been girl. People been asking about you.
They dont miss oregonian but they Miss YOU.
 

sam

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Location
ne texas
she may have caught some young mans eye, and figured out there is more in life than to sit around talking to a bunch of old geezers like us
 
OP
la4angus

la4angus

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
0
Location
South La
sam":gm6sebsh said:
she may have caught some young mans eye, and figured out there is more in life than to sit around talking to a bunch of old geezers like us

Yeah

On one post she mentioned going for a modeling tryout!!!!
 

Ellie May

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
683
Reaction score
0
Location
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Hey ya'll! Missed ya. First time in a long time I've actually got to use the computer. I've been so busy, we got a horse, 2 ponies, & a hinny we gelded. Been taking care them. The Beef Show for Houston County is gonna be this Saturday. It's just been hectic around here. Expecting some more kids & lambs this week. & Need to shear my llamas & sheep. Still so much to do. ugh...oh well I guess I could say I like it considering I wouldn't do it, I'd leave it to my parents or brother or something. Lol well gotta go pretty soon still haven't checked for eggs or fed the geese, ducks, chickens, or peacocks. Well enough about me how you guys doin'?
Ellie may
 

ollie

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
984
Reaction score
0
Ellie May":1dbhp1gq said:
Hey ya'll! Missed ya. First time in a long time I've actually got to use the computer. I've been so busy, we got a horse, 2 ponies, & a hinny we gelded. Been taking care them. The Beef Show for Houston County is gonna be this Saturday. It's just been hectic around here. Expecting some more kids & lambs this week. & Need to shear my llamas & sheep. Still so much to do. ugh...oh well I guess I could say I like it considering I wouldn't do it, I'd leave it to my parents or brother or something. Lol well gotta go pretty soon still haven't checked for eggs or fed the geese, ducks, chickens, or peacocks. Well enough about me how you guys doin'?
Ellie may
Same old Ellie May. Good to hear from you
 

Arnold Ziffle

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
0
Location
southwest of Houston, Texas
Good for you Ellie. Although some folks have taken pot shots at you in the past about the menagerie of "critters" that you raise and care for, it occurs to me that you are simply doing what many of the settlers of our great land did; and, in fact, what the families of many of your fellow CattleToday posters did just a generation or two ago. Most family farms and ranches were not an animal monoculture --- they had beef cattle, milk cows, horses, chickens, hogs, etc. Quite a few had goats and sheep as well, although I dare say llamas and alpacas were mighty scarce!

Keep on doing what give YOU pleasure and keep up your grades – you might have a future as a vet if it appeals to you later in life.
 

Campground Cattle

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
2,533
Reaction score
0
Location
East Texas
Ellie May":2yy6qrvk said:
Hey ya'll! Missed ya. First time in a long time I've actually got to use the computer. I've been so busy, we got a horse, 2 ponies, & a hinny we gelded. Been taking care them. The Beef Show for Houston County is gonna be this Saturday. It's just been hectic around here. Expecting some more kids & lambs this week. & Need to shear my llamas & sheep. Still so much to do. ugh...oh well I guess I could say I like it considering I wouldn't do it, I'd leave it to my parents or brother or something. Lol well gotta go pretty soon still haven't checked for eggs or fed the geese, ducks, chickens, or peacocks. Well enough about me how you guys doin'?
Ellie may

good to see you back girl.
 

Ellie May

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
683
Reaction score
0
Location
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Hey ya'll,
Today has been boring haven't done much been lazy-whoops. Tennessee Ridge is a very small city it's toward the border near Kentucky near Erin, Clarksville, Dickson, West of Nashville. Yeah when I was little I wanted to be a vet but now that I've seen what they have to do I don't know. I know I want to have a career in animals I just don't know what??
Bye ya'll,
Ellie May
 
OP
la4angus

la4angus

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
0
Location
South La
cattletom":35ydd4st said:
goodto hear from u ellie may. where is ridge tennesee. i live just south od memphis in north mississippi.

Looks like cattletom read my post about Ellie May going for a modeling tryout :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
 

Ann Bledsoe

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida, USA
Arnold Ziffle":260i8s34 said:
Good for you Ellie. Although some folks have taken pot shots at you in the past about the menagerie of "critters" that you raise and care for, it occurs to me that you are simply doing what many of the settlers of our great land did; and, in fact, what the families of many of your fellow CattleToday posters did just a generation or two ago. Most family farms and ranches were not an animal monoculture --- they had beef cattle, milk cows, horses, chickens, hogs, etc. Quite a few had goats and sheep as well, although I dare say llamas and alpacas were mighty scarce!

Keep on doing what give YOU pleasure and keep up your grades – you might have a future as a vet if it appeals to you later in life.

Personally, I would much rather see a girl Ellie's age devoting her time and energies to animals, instead of falling into the pitfalls and temptations that kids her age can easily get into. Once you fall into it, it's really hard to get your life back on track again.

I would have been much better off as a teen, if I'd stayed focused on the horses I had, instead of gravitating to those pitfalls and temptations. It took me a LOT of years of battling Meth addiction to finally get clean, but I've been clean now for over 14 years.
And no, it doesn't bother me at all to let people know that I am a former Meth addict -- If just one person is convinced not to try it because I was willing to admit my addiction, it's well worth it.

Ann B
 
Top