Electric fence question

Help Support CattleToday:

When we are dealing with cows testing the boundaries of our fences, we sometimes make the second wire from the bottom the ground and the third the hot. That way when the cow leans her head through the fence, her neck makes contact with both and completes the circuit.

Seems very effective. Never seem to see the same cow try the fence twice.

Take care.

jerry27150":1nlgka0s said:
it will feed both directions fine, that poly wire will burn out the steel fibers on a bigger fencer

How big of a charger are you talking about? We're running 7k plys through poly and have been for years with no problem.

dun

jerry27150":sbpk17ov said:
never tried it , every time i looked at poly wire it said not to use it on a big fencer. i use a 50 mile snapper with 6 joules

The Gallagher M800 is rated at 7 joules. We've used both the 6 and 9 conductor poly with no problems. But as in everything else, there may be a difference in quality of the the different products. The stuff we use has stainless wire, I wouldn;t even hazard what gauge, but it's worked for us for a minimum of 6 years on some of the older spools of poly.

dun

they keep making everything better don't they? remember when as a kid you could go out & hang on to an electric fence, now i am scared to touch them.

Latest posts