Electric Cars

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I commuted from the farm to a town job for 35 years plus. A Chevy Bolt would have served me well with its 295 mile range. 45 miles there and 45 miles back with enough juice to go another 200 miles. If I had had the Bolt I could plug it in over night and be ready to go the next day. Most driving of automobiles is for less than 100 miles for each trip here in America.

But if you lived in California with the brown outs and rolling black outs would your car be charged up the next day? And how is that electricity produced? What does that electricity cost? That varies considerably depending on where you live. They would work for a percentage of commuter cars but not for everyone or every purpose.

If you're paying 14 cents per kilowatt hour and 1.80 for gas you don't have much incentive to pay thousands extra on a vehicle.

Electric cars are going to be really great in the next few years as costs come down. The EV will have far fewer moving parts. It's basically and inverter driving a 3 phase AC motor.

California is going to ban the sale of all internal combustion engine vehicles by 2035.....so how are they going to keep all the electric vehicles charged with the elimination of all use of "fossil fuels" and going to all wind and solar?????

295 miles, sometimes. If you don't use the brakes, ac, radio or headlights, and if it's less than 2 years old.
I can just see the piles of batteries the green woke folks will be crying about 10-15 years from now.

Question: Here in Minnesota it can get down to -40F. How do they work at that temp? As a rule of thumb chemically speaking reactions slow down 50% for each 18 degrees fahrinheit, if I remember correctly. I am curious is there a chart relating temperature to range etc.?

Looks like person could install this on a wall charge it with solar panels,(https://www.generac.com/all-products/clean-energy/pwrcell) hook the Bolt to it over night and top off the Bolt battery. Can we do without fossil fuel I think we can. I really think we are on the next industrial revolution. Japan had means for the Leaf to be used in the garage to power their small homes in an emergency. I am looking forward to the future and the means of transportation and life style it may bring. Future better hurry for I am an old man. I may not see much of it but the great gran-kids will.

Brute 23 said:
Oil was this biggest scam pulled on people. We should have all been on NG decades ago.

That's ok, I like burning less fuel per hp/hour with diesel, and not dealing with pressurized tanks is nice.