ELECTION DAY

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
vote.jpg

Not only is voting a right it is also a DUTY. Duty is one of those things that even if you don't really want to do you have to. No excuses. You are registered to vote aren't you? If not SHAME on you

dun

Done Done it Dun :)
How you think #1 and # 2 will come out?
Will Holden or Mc Caskil win?

rbell":2iobu4pg said:
Done Done it Dun :)
How you think #1 and # 2 will come out?
Will Holden or Mc Caskil win?

It probably be like most of the other elections. The liberals north of the river will swing the votes with Holden winning. Don't matter a lick for me, I'm voting for Blunt.
The southern part of the state will pass #2 and defeat #1, vice versa up north. Depends on what area gets out the vote the best. I was at the polls at 7 and was number 27 to vote, so it looks like a pretty decent turnout around here.

dun

Glad you posted this on a site with mostly conservative participants. If the leeches and losers want to shirk their voting responsibility along with all their other duties it's fine by me. He he he.

Craig-TX

I hear tell that St Louis is for Mc Caskil, that should shake Holden up.
I just want Holden beaten at all costs after that blackmail stunt he pulled with school funding. He should be in jail

Craig-TX":1vgbzpkv said:
Glad you posted this on a site with mostly conservative participants. If the leeches and losers want to shirk their voting responsibility along with all their other duties it's fine by me. He he he.

Craig-TX

Exhorting people to vote is alwasy a tough thing for me. Obviously I care how people vote, but even if they want to vote for someone that isn't qualified to be dog catcher, it is still their "duty" to vote.
Voting stupidly is preferable to not voting.
After all, if you don't vote you have no business whining and grousing about what happens. Not voting just makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Enough preachingand pontificating for today so I'll just kick this soapbox over into the corner

dun

rbell":tqjghbuq said:
I hear tell that St Louis is for Mc Caskil, that should shake Holden up.
I just want Holden beaten at all costs after that blackmail stunt he pulled with school funding. He should be in jail

McCaskil isn't much better, but I agree with you about the school funding stunt. Like Dun said, I'm not voting for either one. I'm kind of surprised about the St Louis / McCaskil thing, maybe the city because of the female aspect...but I don't think the metro area has the gumption to vote out an encumbent, irregardless of how big an A he is. They sure were optimistic with their economic projections for #1, but that'll just be more gambling money for education, right????

Channel three in spgfld has attempted to mask their opposition to the gambling thing. They did a retty crappy job, but at least they tried. Anyway, the interviwed a bunch of people from some other town that did the same thing a couple of years ago, maybe more recent then that. Other then the pastors in the churches it seems now it's pretty well supported. The even interviewed tha mayor who had opposed it and she admitted she's all for it now.

dun

Truthfully, I don't have any problems with giving the guys over there a shot at improving the local economy, and I'll probably vote yea on #1 this afternoon. I'm just still pretty sore about the way they handled the "money for education" thing from the get go. Yes, they use all of the gambling money for education as they said, but then they decrease the funding from other sources so that there's no net gain (at least that's my impression). Probably should of seen that one coming, I just think it's a con. Anyway, I have a hard time thinking too highly of the electorate here when I remember that we elected a dead guy to the senate.

bwranch":zv461zu1 said:
Truthfully, I don't have any problems with giving the guys over there a shot at improving the local economy, and I'll probably vote yea on #1 this afternoon. I'm just still pretty sore about the way they handled the "money for education" thing from the get go. Yes, they use all of the gambling money for education as they said, but then they decrease the funding from other sources so that there's no net gain (at least that's my impression). Probably should of seen that one coming, I just think it's a con. Anyway, I have a hard time thinking too highly of the electorate here when I remember that we elected a dead guy to the senate.

My brother never has let me live the dead senator thing down. The "school funding" deal has been used everywhere they've tried to start any form of gambling. That was how the sold the CA lottery back when that got started.
I alwasy felt that CA should be divided in have lengthwise, I'm beginning to think MO needs to be split at the river.
After the last election I looked at the voting statistics of what passed where in the state. There were a bunch of things, governer for one, that were decided in Columbia, St. Louis and KC. They were also the ones that elected the dead guy. Too bad we don;t have the opportunity of an earthquake solving the problem like they do in CA

dun

Hey Dun don't give up on the New Madrid fault yet :)
Seems to me the only real opposition to #1 is from Herschind cause he has already made his millions but wnats more
He has priced himself to the point no one will go ($100 a day for ma and me after our old farts discount)
But he sure don't want the other folks in the area to make any money

Just looked at the election results. With just under half othe precincts the gambling deal is loosing big time and the quer one is winning.
Oh yah, holden is also getting his butt kicked.
This next part is for MO residents!
Although this doesn;t have anything to do directly with Matt Blunt, but if his dad raised him with the kinds of values he has we'll be in good shape if he's elected.
I attended grazing school with Ray Blunt. Sat right next to him for almost a week. It wasn't until the next to the last day when each group had to give presentation that I found out who he was. He was just like all the rest of us, tryling to learn how to best utilize our forage. With cell phones ringing all over the room, I wa impressed that he turned his off and left it in his car during class. I'll admit, I liked the guy and we had some pretty interesting conversations about grazing, water, and cattle in general. We did address some political issues, but primarily the affects on the livestock industry.

dun

I see in the news this morning that CONGRATULATIONS are in order on banning the perverts from getting "married" in your state. If history serves as a guide, it looks fairly safe that you will also have a governor with an R next to his name. Haven't kept up with any of the other issues.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":1fg6q2a8 said:
I see in the news this morning that CONGRATULATIONS are in order on banning the perverts from getting "married" in your state. If history serves as a guide, it looks fairly safe that you will also have a governor with an R next to his name. Haven't kept up with any of the other issues.

Craig-TX

I'm sure hoping we have a R for gov the next time around.
The queer issue was really another one of those tough ones for me. If you look at it as a civil rights issue, I figure queers have their rights too. I look at it as a monetary issue. I don't want my taxes going to help pay for whatever demons may be released by sanctioning the blatant expression of the fruits.

dun

You know Dun,
If they want civil unions I don't care, but I am tired of the fringes redefining the meaning of words & things.
Kinda like what is "is" from the klinton era.
I figure Blunt will beat McCaskil easy enough especially with "Rural" support.
It sure did feel good to see that arrogant blackmailing skunk Holden loose.

rbell":r4jhg58k said:
You know Dun,
If they want civil unions I don't care, but I am tired of the fringes redefining the meaning of words & things.
Kinda like what is "is" from the klinton era.
I figure Blunt will beat McCaskil easy enough especially with "Rural" support.
It sure did feel good to see that arrogant blackmailing skunk Holden loose.

I'm still trying to figure out when "gay" quit meaning happy. Many years ago I dated a girl name Gay, I wonder if she's changed her name

dun

Latest posts