El Nino!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
"They" are claming El Nino is comeing back,which MAY mean rain in Texas--wetter weather maybe---Sure hope so,I don't have a horse nor a cow,but seeing the pastures like this hurts me..

I thought the El Nino thing made it dry. I need to go do some homework. :dunce:

Lammie":212tjvaj said:

No that's La Nina. We have been dry for a couple of years because of that.

"They" were talking about it this morning,said it'll take a while,but should be raining by fall ( Please~please~PLEASE!!!!!)
were showing diagrams and such--Now is the time to clear up the tanks..

All I know is that the weather people are ALL nutZ :roll: They are all out to lunch and guessing on the weather. :frowns:
Yesterday for example. 90% chance of rain, Severe heavy stuff, local flooding BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Guess what? Not a drop anywhere near here. Been 3 weeks since we've had rain. :shock:

Don't guess you saw Texas weather last week. Had a real good line of thunderstorms other side of Austin,looked like it come right thro here bigtime----Took a sharp East turn and headed for La!! Boy was I mad!!!

Seen that weather map? The whole dam state is surrounded by high pressure. Nothing's getting through for a while. Clouds all around and none in Texas.

Ok-from what I can gather,around November the weather pattern should change for the better,at least in Texas. Y'all get ready-Now might be the time to start culling and buying hay,or keeping it back,cause where it's raining now,it won't be soon..

Lammie":284rcxg7 said:

El Nino does make it dry for some, but wet for others because of the heat oscillation affects on the oceans. More water evaporating out of the ocean means more rain somewhere.

The last big one I remember specifically was 1990 and it was very nice for Texas.

Latest posts