EID Tag and Reader Experiences?

Help Support CattleToday:

Dega Moo

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has good or bad experiences they'd share about using EID readers with either Full or Half Duplex tags. What reader did you use? Did you use it directly at the chute head gate? Were you integrated with a scale head? Were you integrated to herd management software? Did you have any troubles with specific tags pulling off or dying?

Thanks in advance!

I still object to putting an alleged permanent ID into a Temporary device like an ear tag...so I never invested in the technology....
When the vet worked calves this spring he put an EID button in every calf....

pdfangus":3o1ft4xd said:
I still object to putting an alleged permanent ID into a Temporary device like an ear tag...so I never invested in the technology....

I assume he was using a tag registered for a program like COOL or Age and Source - ?? Do you know if the tags were half or full duplex? Have you been using a reader?

Thanks

Dega Moo":1crtgiz8 said:
pdfangus":1crtgiz8 said:

I assume he was using a tag registered for a program like COOL or Age and Source - ?? Do you know if the tags were half or full duplex? Have you been using a reader?

Thanks
I don't have a reader so I didn't care.
I think it was on account of a new state governemtn program

Latest posts