Eggs

Help Support CattleToday:

Make a bacon and cheese quiche pie! I love it, contains many eggs (5) and cheese.

I've been getting lots of eggs too and have been testing ways to preserve them for the times the chickens arent laying.
I bought a silicone ice tray and have been freezing the eggs for cooking and scrambled eggs... I pop them out of the ice tray and stick in a Ziploc bag. When I need an egg, I just grab what I need. I've also made a ton of breakfast burritos, they freeze great..I made some cooked eggs for egg Mc Muffins, stacked with wax paper between in a Ziploc and stored in freezer ready to add to a English muffin.. I've given away a ton of eggs too.

cowgirl8":3r2nshb3 said:
I've been getting lots of eggs too and have been testing ways to preserve them for the times the chickens arent laying.
I bought a silicone ice tray and have been freezing the eggs for cooking and scrambled eggs... I pop them out of the ice tray and stick in a Ziploc bag. When I need an egg, I just grab what I need. I've also made a ton of breakfast burritos, they freeze great..I made some cooked eggs for egg Mc Muffins, stacked with wax paper between in a Ziploc and stored in freezer ready to add to a English muffin.. I've given away a ton of eggs too.
We keep a big bag of breakfast burritos in the freezer all the time....2 minutes in the microwave and you've got a great meal.

TexasBred":157zfko0 said:
cowgirl8":157zfko0 said:
We keep a big bag of breakfast burritos in the freezer all the time....2 minutes in the microwave and you've got a great meal.
Exactly... We take a bunch when we go on road trips. Way better than any fast food places have. I accidently found out a great way to eat them. I got this cute little oven/griddle/coffee maker thing for our camper. The top is the griddle surface and it has a glass top that is not very high off the food. It presses down on the burritos and acts like a panini press. Puts a thin crust on the tortilla...THey are really good with that crisp layer. YOu could get the same results with a George forman griddle thing.... or if you are hooffy snoofy and have a panini press......

cowgirl8":4ymgzftv said:
TexasBred":4ymgzftv said:
cowgirl8":4ymgzftv said:
Exactly... We take a bunch when we go on road trips. Way better than any fast food places have. I accidently found out a great way to eat them. I got this cute little oven/griddle/coffee maker thing for our camper. The top is the griddle surface and it has a glass top that is not very high off the food. It presses down on the burritos and acts like a panini press. Puts a thin crust on the tortilla...THey are really good with that crisp layer. YOu could get the same results with a George forman griddle thing.... or if you are hooffy snoofy and have a panini press......
I know you're going to find this hard to believe but we DO have a pinini press. :lol: :lol: Wife bought it a couple years ago. Uses it from time to time. Hadn't thought about using it with breakfast burritos.

You need to try it. Putting a crunch on a breakfast burrito changes everything. And, I meant hooffy snoofy in a good way lol....