Effects of Japans New Ban on Feeder Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

SimmAngus

Reaction score
I was planning to run my backgrounded steers to market next week. But now I'm not so sure that is a good idea. Any thoughts, on what you would do?

SimmAngus":2cvwu8lg said:
I was planning to run my backgrounded steers to market next week. But now I'm not so sure that is a good idea. Any thoughts, on what you would do?

SimmAngus- I guess a guy will just have to see what kind of effect it has on Mondays market- From what I'm seeing and hearing about the markets Friday and Saturday after the announcement it had little effect so far..Herried and St. Onge were still strong.....

I think many are still optomistic that this will be a short term closure- but predicting the Japs is kind of like drawing to fill an inside straight......

I hear ya Oldtimer, decided yesterday to wait another week. Our sale is on Thursday, think I'll head down and watch the sale then decide if next week is the week.

Thanks,

John

Took some cattle to Narrows, Virginia on Saturday.
Sold my 6 weight steers for 115.00/cwt and 8 weights for 105.00/cwt. I had a heifer calf that came late in the season - she weighed 390 @ 121.00/cwt. I think these are pretty good prices. (All these cattle were black)

Latest posts