Economic stimulus

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Based on the stock market since the bill got signed, I guess ex-lax or an enema would be considered a stimulus

Dow @ 6 year low trying to feel bottom. POT has been making higher lows and close to 50 day moving average.

HerefordSire":1pt4v6jg said:
Dow @ 6 year low trying to feel bottom. POT has been making higher lows and close to 50 day moving average.

I would have thought POT would have spiked condsiderably given the truck load that got intercepted at the Canadian border.

Hang on to your hat, many say the DOW is headed for 6000. I saw on the news tonight that many Republican state govenors may not take any of the stimulus money, they say the rules are counter productive for the long haul and they would be better off without it. They are talking about a tea party in Chicago! :lol2:

Governors need the money but they can win the next election without stimulous funds and instead increase tobacco tax from us smoking criminals.

Jogeephus":2shvlavc said:
HerefordSire":2shvlavc said:

I would have thought POT would have spiked condsiderably given the truck load that got intercepted at the Canadian border.

Plenty more where that came from. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RD-Sam":1uavfi38 said:
Hang on to your hat, many say the DOW is headed for 6000.
Possibly (probably?) lower. A Dow Industrials close below 7552.29 was needed to confirm a Dow Theory sell signal. Yesterday, Feb. 19, it broke below this with a close at 7465.95.
It is now ( midday central) down another 165.

Both the dollar and gold have been very strong. This is unusual. They normally are expected to go in opposite directions.
Somebody out there with some big money is very uneasy.

Will Rogers said when you find yourself in a hole to quit digging. I'm afraid our esteemed elected officials in DC have not quit digging yet.

The US got beat to the punch in their attempt to devalue the US dollar to ward off inflation, the other countries around the world had the same idea, now we are all on the same game plan.

All this money they are about to blow will be for nothing, as soon as the money runs out, they are right back where they started, or worse. The smart people realize this and are putting their money in a safe place. Gold, Silver, Platinum, and other precious metals are always of value and can be used to trade with in the event all of the paper becomes worthless. Land prices have dropped dramatically in most areas, the land isn't going anywhere, so if you can invest in it at a good price, now is the time. Look at the chart Herfordsire posted, housing will drop 50% because it was priced at double what it was worth, housing is a bad investment unless you can get it at 50 cents on the dollar.

Watch those sneaky people in the stock market, it's all coming out in the open about all the corruption going on there. Watch what you pay for gold and such too, as soon as the market starts to recover it will drop fast. It's no different than when they told the Saudies to invest all their oil money in gold, they told them it was a sure bet, then they decided it was time to tank the gold market and get all of their money. The big money you are talking about is the people that control the federal reserve. :nod:

RD-Sam":9f4ittlf said:
The US got beat to the punch in their attempt to devalue the US dollar to ward off inflation, the other countries around the world had the same idea, now we are all on the same game plan.

All this money they are about to blow will be for nothing, as soon as the money runs out, they are right back where they started, or worse. The smart people realize this and are putting their money in a safe place. Gold, Silver, Platinum, and other precious metals are always of value and can be used to trade with in the event all of the paper becomes worthless. Land prices have dropped dramatically in most areas, the land isn't going anywhere, so if you can invest in it at a good price, now is the time. Look at the chart Herfordsire posted, housing will drop 50% because it was priced at double what it was worth, housing is a bad investment unless you can get it at 50 cents on the dollar.

Watch those sneaky people in the stock market, it's all coming out in the open about all the corruption going on there. Watch what you pay for gold and such too, as soon as the market starts to recover it will drop fast. It's no different than when they told the Saudies to invest all their oil money in gold, they told them it was a sure bet, then they decided it was time to tank the gold market and get all of their money. The big money you are talking about is the people that control the federal reserve. :nod:

This link will lead you to all you want to know about the subject.

Conspiracy theories

In Fritz Springmeier's book Bloodlines of the Illuminati, he argues that the Rothschild family is one of 13 dynastic bloodlines linked to the Illuminati. New World Order conspiracy theories present the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Phipps', DuPonts, Vanderbilts, Bush family, etc. as the real rulers or would-be rulers of the world.[10][citation needed]

The acclaimed poet Ezra Pound, in his World War II radio propaganda broadcasts from Fascist Italy, openly named the Rothschilds as the masters of a clique of banking houses that caused the World Wars in order to profit from them and get countries in debt to the lending central banks, which Pound claimed the Rothschild interests owned and exercised control of a nation's policy by having the power to issue the nation's money. Earlier, in 1935, Pound had speculated that "organized anti-Semitism might be the hidden war of Swiss Protestant dynasties against the Rothschilds, whom they had never forgiven for breaking into their banking monopoly."[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family

Stocker Steve":v736yjhx said:
HerefordSire":v736yjhx said:

Sounds like cattle are a good investment in comparison!

Hard to say Stocker Steve. I have seen great company's stock price tank and great cattle die young. I have also seen terrible company's stock price skyrocket and ugly cattle raise great calves. Generally, public corporations are terminal, similar to cattle. They come and go. At least you can smell a pattie.

GM's price hit a 70 year low?

Generally, I try to hop on fast appreciating assets. Gold is fast appreciating right now. If plotted, a fast appreciating asset will form a parabolic curve in the final stages of a rally. When this formation occurs, would be a time to hit it.

RD-Sam":hrr6etvt said:
Hang on to your hat, many say the DOW is headed for 6000. I saw on the news tonight that many Republican state govenors may not take any of the stimulus money, they say the rules are counter productive for the long haul and they would be better off without it. They are talking about a tea party in Chicago! :lol2:

11 year low now! This chart shows your 6000 DOW.

6100 sounds high to me. I am looking for 5000.

For some folks this is just a paper loss of assets they do not need, and would end up being willed so someone else in their estate.

For most folks who don't buy lottery tickets - - this is or was part of their retirement plan and now they are going to have to revisit that.

I am trying to do a getter job of gross margin analysis to list things not to do. I have some 5 wt heifers at the top of that list.

Stocker Steve":3jqm0ia5 said:
For some folks this is just a paper loss of assets they do not need, and would end up being willed so someone else in their estate.

For most folks who don't buy lottery tickets - - this is or was part of their retirement plan and now they are going to have to revisit that.

I'm 47. For me, it was the bulk of my retirement and my ability to survive when I'm too feeble minded to work my regular job (the feeble minded part seems like it might be coming sooner than later... :) ).

I started pondering the idea last night of cashing in my 401k and paying off my house note. What's to lose? I'd pay a 10% penalty on the 50% of the account that is left. There won't be much in the way of capital gains to pay, and I hear those are going up at some point anyway... Is that a stupid idea? At least I'd be assured they don't take the house from me when all heck breaks loose.

skyline":1ix8zf7s said:
I'm 47. For me, it was the bulk of my retirement and my ability to survive when I'm too feeble minded to work my regular job (the feeble minded part seems like it might be coming sooner than later... :) ).

I started pondering the idea last night of cashing in my 401k and paying off my house note. What's to lose? I'd pay a 10% penalty on the 50% of the account that is left. There won't be much in the way of capital gains to pay, and I hear those are going up at some point anyway... Is that a stupid idea? At least I'd be assured they don't take the house from me when all heck breaks loose.
Remember, you would pay a penalty of 10% plus income taxes on the balance. Depending on your current bracket (if you are not already paying the top bracket) and the amount you would cash out, you could cut what you have left by another 45% (if you are in the top bracket) not to mention causing your current earnings to be taxed at the top rate. Could trigger AMT as well. I don't think capital gains would apply because the balance (being tax defered) is taxed as ordinary income.

Tax Year: 2009
Filing Status: Married filing jointly
If your taxable income is between... your tax bracket is:
0 and 16,700 10%
16,700 and 67,900 15%
67,900 and 137,050 25%
137,050 and 208,850 28%
208,850 and 372,950 33%
372,950 and above 35%

Stupid idea? Hard to tell.

Stocker Steve":25o6ck8o said:
6100 sounds high to me. I am looking for 5000.

I am trying to do a getter job of gross margin analysis to list things not to do. I have some 5 wt heifers at the top of that list.

Stocker Steve...6,100 represents this leg down...not the possible or likely total down....I could grab another chart to show longer term and your 5,000. The chart I showed is a weekly chart where one bar equals one week. Yesterday, I moved some more cash in RPMGX mid cap growth fund inside a 401K.

Hereford, where would the bottom be IF: "Investors" stop paying a premium for forward earnings (speculating) and returned to paying for actual earnings or book value (investing)?

1982vett":32unrvi5 said:
Hereford, where would the bottom be IF: "Investors" stop paying a premium for forward earnings (speculating) and returned to paying for actual earnings or book value (investing)?

1982vette...what is published and reality are two different things. Consider a railroad company. On their books, the actual railway line likely shows a book value of allot less than replacement value. I don't believe the published book values of any company. Just guessing, without finding the historic average EPS or book value, I would say we are close to the bottom or maybe even surpassed the bottom. I am more interested in the probability of future mental perception of an investor for an asset relative to its actual value. Then get there first before the masses. The mind is a funny thing. Charts reflect the past total mental perception of the investor community. People always overreact.

skyline":15r7d3m2 said:

I am the same age as you are. That leaves us about 20-30 years which is plenty of time to save a million.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10% penalty
Capital gains tax
Income Tax based upon 100% of the amount contributed
Selling at a low relative to a high
Potential special taxes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about selling your house to buy more stock so you don't mess your credit up? Is that a stupid idea?

Latest posts