Eazi-Breed CIDR - Do they go bad?

Help Support CattleToday:

UncleLA

Reaction score
I am only needing 2 or 3 CIDRs at the moment. I think I saw where they come in packages of 10. If I buy a package of 10, how long will the unused CIDRs last?
Or should I just buy the few I need from my AI Tech?
What about the drugs, where do most people get the various drugs?
Thanks in advance for your comments.

certherfbeef

Reaction score
The drugs that most folk use for sync need to be gotten from a vet.

If stored properly you could keep the unused cidrs till spring.

TB-Herefords

Reaction score
My understanding the CIDR's can be reused once. I don't have to get the drugs from the vet but I do have to give my vets name and address. I am sure that varies state to state though. Whats proprer storage? I have some unused CIDR's I keep them in the original box in my AI box. Is that good enough? I purchased the CIDR's from my AI tech.

Alan

Reaction score
My CIDR's have an expiration date on the bag of 10, got mine last spring they don't expire until 10/08. My AI instructer said that you can put the CIDR's in the freezer and they last longer. He also said you can use them a second time but to be sure and store them in the freezer. Myself, I don't want to risk that they stay good for a second use for the $10 they cost.

The drugs that are used come from a Vet.

Alan

travlnusa

Reaction score
I can buy them from the store at $10, and from my AI lady for $11.

For me, it is worth the $1. I support her, know they are current, and don't have to deal with storing properly.

Outrigger2

Reaction score
they should be fine if stored in cool dark place. know of some people who use them twice.

WORANCH

Reaction score
We use them twice . After the first time I disinfect them and store in a feed sack in my shop . Then I disinfect them again before the second use.

Latest posts