Eating quality of double muscled steer??

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas PaPaw

Reaction score
I have a steer calf that appears to be double muscled and will go cheap at the salebarn. I was thinking of finishing him for the freezer. Anyone have any experience with this situation?

TexasSimmentals":fjjmsas5 said:
They are very lean with very little fat......They don't taste near as good as an angus

I'm sorry but that statement doesn't make sense

Jovid":1ccnvvwb said:
TexasSimmentals":1ccnvvwb said:
They are very lean with very little fat......They don't taste near as good as an angus

What sense is there to make. . . .they have very little fat on them. . . .and they don't taste as good to me as an angus does. . . .

Not unless they tell you and you can normally tell. . . .very little marbleing on the double muscled cattle. And no you can't tell wether or not it is an angus or char. :roll: :roll: :roll:

TexasSimmentals":11bjostn said:

I f you like Angus so much why are you raising simmentals ?

I say go ahead and finish him even if you do it a month longer than usual it may help with the marbling.

Syd Sydney":13jw4qzr said:
TexasSimmentals":13jw4qzr said:

I f you like Angus so much why are you raising simmentals ?

I say go ahead and finish him even if you do it a month longer than usual it may help with the marbling.

When was the last time you walked into a store and ordered a simmental steak?

Jovid":12bspxg9 said:
TexasSimmentals":12bspxg9 said:

I think he means he prefers higher marbled beef.

Should be good eating. From what I understand it should be lean and tender. I personally prefer higher marbled beef.

baxter78":1b9rxwkr said:
Can you tell the difference between certified hereford beef and certified Angus beef. I bet not. Im sure you dont eat beef and say mmmmmmmmmmmmm this taste like angus or mmmmmmmmm this taste like charolais. That is cuz ya dont know. You will never know unless you raise the animal yourself. Sure they can claim certified anything but that dont really make it so.
:clap: :clap:

Latest posts