Eathington Subzero

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
Well, about to wean 10 calves and I can say they are the best single group I've had. Thunder used to be my favorite bull for consistently throwing good calves, but he beats thunder. I have a herd bull our of CJ prestige that also consistently excels that I collected. Used him a bunch this year. Will see how he competes with Subzero but I'm impressed.

Epd search using thread title returned no results

Edit: Found it elsewhere. He has maybe as extreme ced and bw as I have noticed before, yet ww and yw is really good.

talltimber":1zgul5za said:

Edit: Found it elsewhere. He has maybe as extreme ced and bw as I have noticed before, yet ww and yw is really good.

Yes. His calves were small driven mostly by gestation length - 7-10 days early. Gonna use him on heifers in the future. I was worried that the calves would be dinks but they aren't. They have a solid frame and are nice beefy calves (about 5 mo old now). I have one that's really smaller framed heifer, but she's also out of my smallest framed cow. The rest have decent leg, bone, and length. Very well balanced. It's like he gets his CED only from gestation length and not frame or build. They were certainly small calves though.... What's MOST interesting though is that I don't have an "off" calf in the group. I can look at all of them and consider them keepers. Even with Thunder I would get a miss here and there....

angus9259":1a0rlutb said:
talltimber":1a0rlutb said:

Yes. His calves were small driven mostly by gestation length - 7-10 days early. Gonna use him on heifers in the future. I was worried that the calves would be dinks but they aren't. They have a solid frame and are nice beefy calves (about 5 mo old now). I have one that's really smaller framed heifer, but she's also out of my smallest framed cow. The rest have decent leg, bone, and length. Very well balanced. It's like he gets his CED only from gestation length and not frame or build. They were certainly small calves though.... What's MOST interesting though is that I don't have an "off" calf in the group. I can look at all of them and consider them keepers. Even with Thunder I would get a miss here and there....
Please us/me updated on your results. I was just asking my Genex rep about him last week. I've seen that he's getting used pretty heavily in some areas, along with with accuracy numbers of course ....