Easy Dinner

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp

Reaction score
For those of you who like smoked sausage/polska kielbaska -

1 or 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil of your choice - I prefer Olive Oil
1 package smoked sausage or polska keilbalska - cut into 1/4" slices
frozen vegetables - as many as you like, and of any variety as you like

Pour cooking oil into a large skillet, add smoked sausage/polska keilbalska. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, stirring/flipping as needed. Reduce heat, add frozen vegetables, salt to taste, and a little water. Steam until vegetables are to your liking.

Alternatives:

In place of frozen vegetables, substitute 2 or 3(or 4 or 5, up to you) julienned bell peppers of various colors, and 1 medium to large onion(depending on how much you like onions) that has been cut in half and then sliced. Reduce heat, cover, and steam until the peppers and onion are crisp-tender. May be eaten as is, or served over rice - your choice. This recipe may also be adjusted as you see fit to accomodate your individual taste buds, it is very versatile! :)

oooh! That's a good idea! We have kielbasa quite often but always just cook it and have something on the side-but it would be good with the veggies mixed right in, especially with the rice! Thanks!

We have several of those Polish sausages in the freezer. We get them as a part of "meal deals" at HEB. I normally just steam them and make some scalloped taters, but this sounds a lot better.

Now I am hungry again...

Lammie":11p0vedu said:
We have several of those Polish sausages in the freezer. We get them as a part of "meal deals" at HEB. I normally just steam them and make some scalloped taters, but this sounds a lot better.

Now I am hungry again...

What's HEB?

grannysoo":1haf1egw said:
Lammie":1haf1egw said:

Now I am hungry again...

What's HEB?

It's a grocery store chain here in Texas. I go out of my way to shop there. One of the few actual grocery stores that doesn't sell tires. They beat everyone around here on price and some of the workers there have been there for as long as I have lived in the area. If I go on a Saturday night, Bruce will go out of his way to bag our groceries. Hector makes sure that the bread gets put in the front seat and he won't take no for an answer if you tell him that you can carry your own stuff to your car. If I miss a week shopping, people there ask if we were sick. I love the place.

Latest posts