"Easy as Pie" pie

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
The cake thread made me remember this one. It's good in the summertime.

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can pink lemonade frozen concentrate

Mix these together, pour into a store-bought graham cracker crust and put in the freezer for a couple of hours. It doesn't freeze solid, stays soft but will just hold together.

Lammie - I just whisked it together by hand. I have thought about folding in cool whip with it, to see if it would help firm it up a little more after freezing. But that also will increase the volume and one might have leftover filling. And this one would eat it so it didn't go to "waste", instead it would go to "waist"! :oops:

HD - are you restricted from sugar, or just made a health choice? If you just made the choice, I commend your willpower!! Unless a Dr. told me I had diabetis, I don't think I could give up sugar. I also believe that real sugar or honey is better than the chemical sweeteners.

So do you let the pink lemonaide thaw first of just put it in there frozen? If I don't ask these questions I will mess it up. I'm not good a pies or candy making. I can do cakes and breads all day long... What about the ice crystals in the lemonaide? Pardon my dumbness today. I just want to make sure... I was thinking of whipped topping, too. That sounds like something Mom would have made. She made desserts all those years and I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Lammie":1tvynzrm said:
So do you let the pink lemonaide thaw first of just put it in there frozen? If I don't ask these questions I will mess it up. I'm not good a pies or candy making. I can do cakes and breads all day long... What about the ice crystals in the lemonaide? Pardon my dumbness today. I just want to make sure... I was thinking of whipped topping, too. That sounds like something Mom would have made. She made desserts all those years and I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Relax, Lammie. This is supposed to be easy. ;-) Pink lemonade concentrate doesn't freeze solid and hard like an ice cube, it's slushy. So, no, you don't have to thaw it first. Just stir 'em together.

MO Cows I cut all sugar out of my diet and I have 20 times more energy now and am back to running 4-6 miles a day again. I get my sugar from veggies and some fruits now and I also start my day with a mineral and vitamin drink. It was hard for the first little bit but now it's a breeze although I still miss my cheese bread and my pasta (pasta was my favorite food). Hubby wanted to go on a low carb diet to drop a few pounds quick so I found it easier to cut out buying anything with sugar and high carbs than doing two different menus which I did before for him. I don't use any sweeteners (sucralat only) unless I really really have to make something that requires it, I too think natural sugar is much better for you as well.

My dog is even on a all natural high protein menu as well since she was diagnosed will transitional cell carcinoma.

Wow! HD I am impressed. We did a low carb diet once. Hubby didn't lose. (He probably was buying potato chips for his lunch once he left the house) I did lose weight but craved sweets constantly and it didn't feel like energy, it felt edgy.

Boy howdy, I made one of those this weekend, and other than the fact that if you don't immediately return it to the freezer it will just droop everywhere in the pan, it's good. Twangy.

Great minds think alike! I am making one tonight. Hubby has been on 12 hour shifts in this heat and humidity so maybe he will appreciate a nice cold dessert. I am going to try folding in some cool whip to see if that helps it hold together better, and might take some of the pucker out of it, too.

Latest posts