Eastern Oklahoma Branding.

Help Support CattleToday:

Stepper

Reaction score
Is there anyone here on the forum from Eastern Oklahoma who hot brands their cattle ?

Well i apprechaite the replys. The reason i was asking was because i was hoping to see if i might get together with someone near here when they start branding and learn how to brand cattle.

The way my pastures are scattered out. I would like to start branding my calfs. There are alot of cattle theifs anymore.

Stepper":2zyapfjd said:
Well i apprechaite the replys. The reason i was asking was because i was hoping to see if i might get together with someone near here when they start branding and learn how to brand cattle.

The way my pastures are scattered out. I would like to start branding my calfs. There are alot of cattle theifs anymore.

What county are you in? Do you have a country cattlemens group? Or check with your extension agent. He may be able to help you out.

novatech

Thanks for the web address. You know after reading the article it does not seem like there would be much to it. But still yet i think before i try it on my own i am going to get with someone and see how it is done just to be on the safe side.

Frankie

I am in Franklin County and yes we do have a cattlemens asscoiation and i did not think about checking with them. I am not a member but i know some of the members. I think i have talked with my extenison agent in the past about branding cattle and he if i remember right was going to check into it for me but did not know of anyone in my area who brands their cattle.

But with all of the cattle theifs these days i think i am going to learn how and start branding my cattle. I dont think you can rigister a brand here in Arkansas. I know they do in Oklahoma though.

Talking about theifs i was listening on the radio just today and herd where someone had stole a 16' stock trailer from a local high school. It was used by the FFA chapter at the school. And it was chained up but the theifs cut the chain to steal it.

Latest posts