Easter Weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
This easter weekend was a great weekend for me we got to go back to where we built the house in the montains which is where I grew up the first 8 years of my life and spend every summer there till I was 18. My kids never truly got to spend much time up there they have only been a few times. The farm was my great grandparents and is owned by my grandmother that lives with me who bought it from her siblings. This is where I first learned how to drive a tractor and used my first chainsaw and more importantly learned how much I HATE square bales. I too this weekend got my great grandpas old wagon axles and wheels and put them in my cousins barn. We gave my cousins farming rights to the land as long as they keep it up. They are doing a great job. I am posting some pics of the land and farm. I had my wife and kids walk the lands just as I did as a kid they really enjoyed it however as much as I enjoyed it next time I am bringing the ranger and 4 wheeler lol

few on the road pics

half this portion is ours and other half is our cousins

i was teasing my cousin saying his cattle had 1 long leg and 1 short leg you can see why

back of our land that butts up to the back of my cousins house

how a great trip ended i stopped off in new london to look at cattle trailers there and kids wanted to get in 1 since it was clean lol and my wife got tricked into getting into 1 and locked her in lol all and all great weekend and I hope everyone that celebrated easter had a great time with family and friends.

Deepsouth":2pk9cy9g said:
Looks like a fine place for a boy to grow up to me sky. Thanks for sharing.

I'll send you another turkey picture after while.

Thanks Deep ... I tell ya what the population is gonna be cut in half this year lol you sure are wearing them out... I love it.. :tiphat: :clap: send the pic on sir

Some beautiful countryside. Went to my dad's old place a few years ago. He had sold it about 10 years before he died but I use to hunt on it all the time. Heck I didn't even recognize it. All grown up with hackberry trees and brush. No pasture at all. Just a real mess. Broke my heart. Hang on to this place if you can... :nod:

TexasBred":1mfnlumd said:
Some beautiful countryside. Went to my dad's old place a few years ago. He had sold it about 10 years before he died but I use to hunt on it all the time. Heck I didn't even recognize it. All grown up with hackberry trees and brush. No pasture at all. Just a real mess. Broke my heart. Hang on to this place if you can... :nod:

Thanks. TB while driving there I told my family that I hate seeing old farms that were once thriving being grown up and not taken care of i really hate seeing that. We will hold onto it for sure we all value that place.

melking":2tftp9u4 said:
Thanks Sky. Brings back memories of my Grandparents place

you are welcome .. I tell you my grandparents and their farm have given me some of the best memories you could ever want. every time i look at farms i think to myself how much blood sweat and tears went into clearing and making it farmable land.

Great pictures Sky, the place obviously means a lot to you. I did not see any pics of the house that you built, I would certainly like to see that.
Ken

cow pollinater":9r3rb2yp said:
Great picks but where are the mountains?

LOL thanks they are small in comparison to yours im sure.

wbvs58":9r3rb2yp said:
Great pictures Sky, the place obviously means a lot to you. I did not see any pics of the house that you built, I would certainly like to see that.
Ken

Thanks I posted a semi finished pic on here but I think my wife has the pics on her laptop with her at work I will post or send you one but this link has a semi finished pic

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=84572&hilit=sell+timber