Easter Dinner

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
What are you making for Easter?

I haven't decided yet. Thinking of possibly a ham with scalloped potatos. Prime rib roast maybe.
I do plan to make a family tradition of coogun (sp?). It is a sweet dough rolled thin and put in either a pie pan or cake pan. Topped with a sweet type of custard and then topped either cherry pie filling or cottage cheese and baked. The cherry one is topped with a crumble of flour, butter and sugar. Both are sprinkled with cinnamon.

I luv herfrds":2i2p5jut said:
What are you making for Easter?

I haven't decided yet. Thinking of possibly a ham with scalloped potatos. Prime rib roast maybe.
I do plan to make a family tradition of coogun (sp?). It is a sweet dough rolled thin and put in either a pie pan or cake pan. Topped with a sweet type of custard and then topped either cherry pie filling or cottage cheese and baked. The cherry one is topped with a crumble of flour, butter and sugar. Both are sprinkled with cinnamon.

hmmm..let's see...how many different ways can you fix boiled eggs. :?:

Texasbred -hmmm..let's see...how many different ways can you fix boiled eggs. :?:

deviled
egg salad
pickled
:lol:
just to name a few

I hope everyone has a great Easter

Turkey, mac & cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, biscuits, and something sweet for after the meal.

All I can say to every one is "What time is dinner ?" , and if you all schedule it right we should be able to make it to everyone's place for at least a taste.. :D :cowboy: ..

Ham and scalloped potatoes sounds yummy :nod: .. I think hubby and I will make it our "date night" since we missed last month, and have steak and lobster with a couple of bottles of fab wine..In between AI'ing cows and all of the other crap that happens this time of year of course... :lol2:

ILH isn't it coogah/coogan but the n is silent (sp) we have it all the time ,,,it is a German dish and my grandma made it and my mom makes it ,,,it is a family tradition..

This will be a first for BL and me. She isn't cooking :D We are invited to the Big City to spend Easter with our St Paul Kids. :banana: :banana:
I will wait and let them surprise us.

HD we have always pronounced it with the "n" in it. Rather funny that both great-grandma's made it, but the one in North Dakota made it with the cottage cheese and the one in Washington made it with cherries. :D

Getting to talking about German cooking makes me wonder if your family has ever made a cherry dumpling. No idea if it is pronounced the same, but it is a pasta dough rolled to about 1/4" thick and some bing cherries that have the juice thickened. Cut the dough into 4" squares and fold up and pinch the edges. Put in boiling water. they are done when they float to the top. Serve with heavy cream poured on top and toasted bread crumbs.

Going to the in-laws. I'm bringing soft stuff that my daughter can eat. She got her tonsils out on Tuesday. She's doing really well though and I'm thankful for that. I have a "white salad" that has Knox gelatin, sour cream , and cool whip in it. Top with a pie filling. I like it plain.

ILH my mom makes the cottage cheese and a plum one..Come to think of it she hasn't made any in a while..I better get her on that. I have never had those cookies but they sound really good and very fattening.. :lol2:

Going to make it tomorrow. :D Hope I can get the kids out of my eggs, the sweet dough takes 6 and the custard takes 4.
I can hardly wait I love the cottage cheese one.

Yeah ~ this is an Easter quandry. My SiL is hosting and assigned me to bring Pepperoni salad. My mom and my sister say "Yuck pepperoni salad!" They want me to make Frogs Eye salad. I say I should do as SiL asked since SiL is hosting it. Mom and sister say I should make what the majority likes. Other sister suggested I make both, but I would rather not. I don't care ~ I'll eat anything. What do you guys think? :help: (Besides the fact that this is a fairly pathetic quandry :lol2: )

I guess you take what the host asked for and you already agreed to. If Mom and Sis were hosting, then they could plan the menu. ;-)

:???: What is in peperoni salad?

dun":2y0rfuxk said:
MistyMorning":2y0rfuxk said:
angie":2y0rfuxk said:
I don't care ~ I'll eat anything.

:nod: = :shock: = :help:

We're having a large rabbit that carrys a basket and clucks like a chicken,

You're eating the cadbury Easter cream egg rabbit ??? :???: :?

Angie what exactly is in a frogs eye salad and a pepperoni salad..When I know what both are I will then offer my opinion as to what you should bring.. :lol2: :help:

hillsdown":2g8unrcx said:
dun":2g8unrcx said:

Angie what exactly is in a frogs eye salad and a pepperoni salad..When I know what both are I will then offer my opinion as to what you should bring.. :lol2: :help:

HD, Why do you encourage them?

MistyMorning":2dq26lkj said:
hillsdown":2dq26lkj said:
dun":2dq26lkj said:

HD, Why do you encourage them?

I know Misty, but it is like poking a bear ,,, I just can't help myself... :lol2: :cowboy:

We're doing a brunch...which is ALWAYS at my house EVERY year...I seem to be the only one that knows how to cook Easter dinner and hide eggs for the kids.....

We're having:
Ham
Eggs
Hash Browns fried in butter & onion
Butter Braids
Fruit Salad
Coconut Cake

Wisteria Farms":gjpl6vg3 said:
We're doing a brunch...which is ALWAYS at my house EVERY year...I seem to be the only one that knows how to cook Easter dinner and hide eggs for the kids.....

We're having:
Ham
Eggs
Hash Browns fried in butter & onion
Butter Braids
Fruit Salad
Coconut Cake

I'd like the coconut cake recipe. :D

Latest posts