Easter Dinner

Help Support CattleToday:

I am afraid dun plans on eating the Easter Bunny. I gave EB a heads up when he came through here, but he says he sees the flying monkeys around duns place and steers clear. Me and the Easter Bunny ~ we're like this (picture my fingers crossed here :nod: ) (Santa, on the other hand...... not so much... :( ). Anyhow ~ I ended up making both.

Pepperoni Salad
Cucmbers ~ peeled, sliced in circles, and cut in half
Tomotoes cut up
Pepperonis cut in half
Black olives sliced
Green peppers cut up
Rainbow Rotini pasta
Throw it all in a bowl and dump a bottle of Wishbone Italian over the works. In the frig over night.

Frogs Eye Salad
Pineapple tidbits
Marchino cherries (cut in half) if you can get a can of green ones too, its kinda cool color thing (festive-y)
Seedless grapes (cut in half or quarters)
Mandarin oranges (cut in half)
Fresh blueberries (whole)
Acini Di Pepe pasta (pasta shaped like little bb's when they are cooked)
Lots of whipped cream ~ if you can make it home made it sure makes a difference, but container stuff is good enough too.

So ~ there you have it. The decision to make both required a ridiculous amount of phone calls and foot stomping and hair pulling. :roll: :help:

Everyone will be happy now.<----(-Is that courting fate or what??)
All this along with the ham my mom won playing bingo at the legion and a bunch of other stuff!

Happy Easter CT! :wave:

I had rib-eye steak. salt and pepper, medium rare.
baked potato (leftover) sliced, sauteed in olive oil and butter, salt and pepper, topped with cheese and sour cream.
broccoli and a slice of onion, sauteed in olive oil and butter, salt and pepper (yep, same pan as the baked potato)
Slice of french bread, toasted in the drippings of the broccoli and potato.

M-M-Good.

we had ham mashed taters cole slaw tater salad an red beans an rolls.angle food cake strawberries an coolwhip.

iowahawkeyes":42b3nzx4 said:
Wisteria Farms":42b3nzx4 said:
We're doing a brunch...which is ALWAYS at my house EVERY year...I seem to be the only one that knows how to cook Easter dinner and hide eggs for the kids.....

We're having:
Ham
Eggs
Hash Browns fried in butter & onion
Butter Braids
Fruit Salad
Coconut Cake

I'd like the coconut cake recipe. :D
Its easy, easy, easy....
1 Box Coconut Cake (cant remember which brand but in a pinch can use just plain white cake)
1 Can Creme De Cacao (Coconut Cream found in alcohol dept)
1 Box Intant Coconut pudding mix (Jell-O brand)
1 LG. Container Cook Whip
1 can fresh Coconut...(I like it in the can because its nice and fresh and moist)

Bake the cake according to box directions in a 9x13 pan.
When it comes out and while its hot, poke it with the back of a wooden spoon and pour on the can of creme de cacao
Let cool completely.
Mix dry pudding mix and Cool whip and top the cake
Sprinkle on Coconut.
My uncle LOVES this coconut cake so I always make him one every Easter. Another cake that I make that everyone loves is this:

Hawaii Cake
1 Box yellow cake mix
1 can mandarain oranges (don't drain)
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 container cool whip
1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
Mix cake according to box directions using same amount of eggs and oil but instead of using water, add the entire can of mandarin oranges. Mix well
Bake according to box. When done let cool.
Mix pudding powder with pineapple then fold in cool whip and top cake.
I like to make this one as a 2-layer cake..the topping makes so much that you have gobs for putting between the two layers and frosting the top.
It is super-moist so keep in the fridge. YUMMY!!!

Latest posts