East Texas Pine to Pasture Conversion

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2jp9tz7j said:
Pineland":2jp9tz7j said:
Thanks Tux! Yes this is a very rewarding experience, but our work is still not complete.

Kingfisher. My prayers continue to go out to you guys for more rain. I travel through your part of the country on business and my family owns some land In Giddings. We have been blessed by having ample rain in east Texas which has made our work much easier. There are several large pine plantations that being clear cut and converted over to pasture in our area now. Many of the Angus and Simmental have been shipped out of the area and they are being replaced with Brangus and Bradford cattle. The drought has definitely changed the way people do things around here.

I started in the cattle business during the drought so I got a valuable lesson right out of the gate.

I hope you guys get wet soon.

Brimmer 101 is bad lesson to forget in this part of the world.

Preach brother preach. One of the larger commercial Angus operations near me liquidated all of their Angus cows and heifers during the drought and are now running only 3/4 ear cows and heifers.

One of our friends who had a reg Brangus operation on the coast liquidated their Brangus herd to convert to 100% Brahman cows to produce commercial F1s.

How is that F1 that you got from Nac doing?

They are looking good I should have some calves out of them this Dec/Jan.
Then we get to see how good the girl's work.
I noticed a large ranch over here brought in about a 100 grey brimmer girl's.
That would take a real thick checkbook.

Latest posts