Earthquake in Japan

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade":15fyt642 said:
TexasBred":15fyt642 said:
Boogie my knowledge of radiation goes just barely past understanding "sunburn"....as for who you are eetc., I think I know what county you live in but am not positive..name?? Not a clue. Don't need it. And the media everywhere is in a frenzy....I hear the engineers at the power plants in Japan are too... I can understand it tho.....nobody knows what they may be facing so everyone should be alarmed.
I ain't got a clue neither. My understanding of radiation is one step below TBs.

My understanding is one step below Iso's, thought I'd call it before I got too low in the standing.

Larry

larryshoat":3qde8okj said:
Isomade":3qde8okj said:
TexasBred":3qde8okj said:
Boogie my knowledge of radiation goes just barely past understanding "sunburn"....as for who you are eetc., I think I know what county you live in but am not positive..name?? Not a clue. Don't need it. And the media everywhere is in a frenzy....I hear the engineers at the power plants in Japan are too... I can understand it tho.....nobody knows what they may be facing so everyone should be alarmed.
I ain't got a clue neither. My understanding of radiation is one step below TBs.

My understanding is one step below Iso's, thought I'd call it before I got too low in the standing.

Larry

We three seem to be in the majority. :lol2:

backhoeboogie":2woed2ox said:
The domestic media is in a frenzy. Anything said about anything can be twisted and distorted and published. Structures and words can be taken out of context. Sensationalism sells newspapers.

Exactly the way I feel about it, at least they got off the subject of cow farts.

chrisy":2v3djcaz said:
BHB I only know of you on here as a farmer I thought,

Farming is just a time consuming hobby. 70 hours a week part time job some weeks. When I retire I can put 120 hours a week into this hobby. I haven't qualified for the IRS definition of "hobby" for years and years. Besides that, they get a cut of my hobby earnings year after year.

The media is in its normal state of the sky is falling. However, one local univercity type pointed out that in Chernobyl the damage reached 600 miles downwind. We are one heck of a lot farther than 600 miles from Japan. So if there is a melt down it will pretty much fall into the ocean. So any local panic is just that panic. Which the news media isn't helping any.

If Alan or I start developing any skin sores we will let you people know.

Did y'all hear about the "church" that is sure the world will end March 21,2011 ? :shock:
I'll bet they're alternating between dancing a jig and p ing their pants :roll:

Jogeephus":3ft0igsk said:
chrisy":3ft0igsk said:
Ryder no I have never written my story about my time in the Tsunami, as I didn't think people would be interested in it.

Most definitely be interested in hearing about it. Chrisy I think you forget that there are some on the board who have purchased electric bug zappers for the shear excitement that comes with ownership. Of course there are some in Missouri who were awefully let down when they realized these things actually required electricity.
Thats why it didn't work huh!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wondered what that cord with the three prongs sticking out was for
I thought it was so you could swing it in front of bugs as they were flying therefore get more bugs with it
Duh guess I was wrong again

Dave":1yxe2fk0 said:
The media is in its normal state of the sky is falling. However, one local univercity type pointed out that in Chernobyl the damage reached 600 miles downwind. We are one heck of a lot farther than 600 miles from Japan. So if there is a melt down it will pretty much fall into the ocean. So any local panic is just that panic. Which the news media isn't helping any.

If Alan or I start developing any skin sores we will let you people know.

We may be ok...I'm concerned about the 36 million or so in Tokyo proper. And Chernobyl has basically been a dead zone since it happened as well....may be recovering now...haven't heard much about it lately.

Angus Cowman":3bfn8zjk said:
Jogeephus":3bfn8zjk said:
chrisy":3bfn8zjk said:
Ryder no I have never written my story about my time in the Tsunami, as I didn't think people would be interested in it.

Most definitely be interested in hearing about it. Chrisy I think you forget that there are some on the board who have purchased electric bug zappers for the shear excitement that comes with ownership. Of course there are some in Missouri who were awefully let down when they realized these things actually required electricity.
Thats why it didn't work huh!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wondered what that cord with the three prongs sticking out was for
I thought it was so you could swing it in front of bugs as they were flying therefore get more bugs with it
Duh guess I was wrong again
Naw....you probably thought it was solar powered "sunshine". :lol2:

do you notice how calm the Japanese people are, no looting or stealing like they did in New Orleans, says alot about them i think.

Angus Cowman":4zla3npy said:
GMN":4zla3npy said:
do you notice how calm the Japanese people are, no looting or stealing like they did in New Orleans, says alot about them i think.
Yep different breeding
True...for them, this is a true disaster. To most of the folks in New Orleans it was "opportunity".

TexasBred":25oq160p said:
Angus Cowman":25oq160p said:
GMN":25oq160p said:
Yep different breeding
True...for them, this is a true disaster. To most of the folks in New Orleans it was "opportunity".
I remember watching the news a looter toting a TV through waist high water... was thinking to myself '''' aint got sht lef but i got dis here wide screen''

22.jpg

I wonder which way the prevailing winds are at that nuclear plant in Japan. The plant is in northern Japan quite a ways from Tokyo. If the wind is out of the west it will just blow everything out to sea. That happen and there could be some fish that glow in the dark. Actually Japan depends on the fishing industry for a very large part of its food. A bunch of radioactive fish would have another negative effect on the population of that country.