Early Winter?

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm":2zs7cm9l said:
The flash of the camera really captures that irridescent green coloring. That has to be really something, if you're out there, not too far from them, when there are so many......the sound of their humming has to be very noticeable! I know how loud one can be, as it buzzes by my head.

Love those pictures! Thank you!! :D

This morning

Action shots!! :D

About the time I get the camera focused, the little guy flies away.

What's in the plastic bag/tarp? It looks like you're curing a ham.

Thanks again for the photos!

Workinonit Farm":2zrkcc8h said:
Action shots!! :D

About the time I get the camera focused, the little guy flies away.

What's in the plastic bag/tarp? It looks like you're curing a ham.

Thanks again for the photos!

Fake hornets nest got them on all the porches stops the red wasp from building nest under the porch.

Caustic Burno":2gytfvs9 said:
Fake hornets nest got them on all the porches stops the red wasp from building nest under the porch.

Hmmmmmm, interesting idea. Does that work with/against other types of wasps?

(didn't mean to get off topic)

Workinonit Farm":2qw0ecf2 said:
Caustic Burno":2qw0ecf2 said:

Hmmmmmm, interesting idea. Does that work with/against other types of wasps?

(didn't mean to get off topic)

I don't get any wasp nest of any kind as hornets are a predator to them and the territory
is claimed. That said we have a lot of Bald Face hornets around here.
They make one a commercial one Home Depot carries

When it turns real cold, I'll get you a real one CB--you can hang it on your porch--just don't take the aluminum tape off.

GB there is a long story about real hornets nest that I got in hot water with the Mrs.
So for a more harmonious outcome in my universe I will stick with the fake ones.

Caustic Burno":1mvrr598 said:
GB there is a long story about real hornets nest that I got in hot water with the Mrs.
So for a more harmonious outcome in my universe I will stick with the fake ones.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sounds like "someone" removed the tape. :lol2:

Workinonit Farm":12d4a4s6 said:
Caustic Burno":12d4a4s6 said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sounds like "someone" removed the tape. :lol2:

All I will say grand kids were involved and that will get me in more trouble with the Mrs.
than I desire to deal with.
Secondly bald face hornets loose in the house is not good for my universe.

Dunno about that, but I have seen men abandon a perfectly good bass boat on account of trolling along under low hanging branches with red wasp or yellow jacket nests in them.

A local barbershop had a reall micely varnished bladfaced hornet next haning in one corner. Come spring it disappeared so I had to ask. Turned out he hadn;t killed all of the larvae in it and they hatched.

greybeard":1o2tt3tr said:
I have seen men abandon a perfectly good bass boat on account of trolling along under low hanging branches with red wasp or yellow jacket nests in them.

Must've been some of those guinea wasp "yellow jackets". Real yellow jackets would drown anybody that jumped in the water.