Early to bed early to rise

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
makes a man healthy wealthy and wise

I call BS on that
It's false propaganda promoted to get you to do all the work while they sleep late

Disagree, the best time of the day is 1 hour before the sun comes up as the world is waking up. I'm so much more productive in the morning. I smile every morning while choring. By 4 o'clock I'm done, ready to go in and just sit. I don't, just want to, I can't.
The next best time is about 8 o'clock when I fall asleep in my chair, get up and go to bed. Then around 4 it starts all over again. gs

plumber_greg":2nizaxne said:
Disagree, the best time of the day is 1 hour before the sun comes up as the world is waking up. I'm so much more productive in the morning. I smile every morning while choring. By 4 o'clock I'm done, ready to go in and just sit. I don't, just want to, I can't.
The next best time is about 8 o'clock when I fall asleep in my chair, get up and go to bed. Then around 4 it starts all over again. gs
I couldn't agree more! Sounds like we are on the same schedule Greg!

I believe in getting my day started, but hate working before daylight. I'm ready for spring.

I've never been the "early to bed" type. Most of my adult life, I got by on less than 4 hrs sleep/24 hrs, but here in the last couple of years, I find myself going to bed around 11-12 at night. Dawn is early enough for me tho.

Always have been an early riser myself.. get so much done before 10AM. Dont know that its made me healthy wealthy or wise.. usually just tired or sore at night. :)

I'm up at 5 every morning. No reason other than I'm just tired of laying in bed. Get my coffee and go outside. Have my 30 minutes of quiet time, go in watch the news and weather than get back outside. May not do much but will be outside.

plumber_greg":2a11s124 said:
yep i love 4 o'clock to ... i know i can get atleast 2 more hours of sleep :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":100zwjap said:
plumber_greg":100zwjap said:
yep i love 4 o'clock to ... i know i can get atleast 2 more hours of sleep :cowboy:

I hate 4 o'clock. I have to get up to go to the bathroom. Why couldn't it just wait until 5 o'clock when I am getting up for the day? For years I would be starting up my saw as soon as it was light enough to see. At that point I was often a 2 hour drive from the house and a 15 minute hike through the timber to get to the saw. I can't sleep much past 5:00 even if I have no reason to get up.

Dave":3sbgd5b5 said:
ALACOWMAN":3sbgd5b5 said:
plumber_greg":3sbgd5b5 said:

I hate 4 o'clock. I have to get up to go to the bathroom. Why couldn't it just wait until 5 o'clock when I am getting up for the day? For years I would be starting up my saw as soon as it was light enough to see. At that point I was often a 2 hour drive from the house and a 15 minute hike through the timber to get to the saw. I can't sleep much past 5:00 even if I have no reason to get up.
you not seen the super beta prostate commercial,, where 50% of men over 50, and 80% over 80 have prostate issues... i wonder whats the percentage of men over 100 would be :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":vhfeld16 said:
plumber_greg":vhfeld16 said:

I think if the job requires getting started before 6:00am then you should have started yesterday

alot of kids and adults have chores before work and school... friend of mine i went to school with, family had hog houses.. he'd knock a buzzard off a bucket of guts, when he came to class... that man now will work you in the ground

"Late to bed, early to rise" has been my credo lately. Got to bed at 3 this morning, and back up at 7. Doesn't matter how late i go to bed, I'm up at 7 at the latest.

I get up at 2AM and am done with the breeding route by nine most days. I used to think that was the greatest deal in the world because I had all day to farm and spend time with the family and I'd go to bed around eight o'clock or so and even doing that seven days a week it never bothered me.
Within the last year or so it's hit me hard. I don't mind the getting up early but most days I'm ready to sit down by 1PM. I'm starting to think it may be time to cut down on the whole early morning power walk thing and stick to farming and ranching.

Late to bed late to rise...gets more done from noon to midnight, while all you early risers are sleeping. :lol:

I was the man of steel till 40, and then I didn't back up from much till I turned 50. Now I am done you can stick a fork in me. I will tell you what I told my boy's "your only young once" manange your body don't kill it when your young. I like to see young folks work hard, but you only have one life and no guarantee's on how long it will be till the Lord calls. I still get up early every morning. Just because my deer feeders are set to go off at first light.