Early Fall???

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Rather strange today. I noticed in my back yard that the cottenwood tree had some yellow leaves on it. Ok hail storm.
Then I went to get my son from a b-day party. Started noticing other cottenwoods with yellow leaves, that did not get hit with hail. Had to go into town and along the way saw still more yellow leaves. Even in town some cottenwoods had patches.

Anybody else noticing any leaves changing too?

Oh saw a couple of branches knocked down due to the storms and the leaves on the branches were not even yellow. :? :?

I have seen cottonwoods around here with dying leaves but I attributed it to heat stress. I have a sycamore that is doing the same thing. It would be nice to have an early fall, only the 100+ temps remind me that fall is a long ways off. We don't start getting cooler here until late October. September is the worst month of all.

Hang on-the one thing I'm sure of in this world is that the seasons will change ---- and somebody will gripe about the weather :lol2:

The leave have been falling out of the trees for a couple weeks here in Georgia. I guess all the heat and no rain caused it, there are some dead branches as well.

I was telling Steve last night that drought will make you rethink everything... It changes your entire perspective on life. This weather is insane.

Lammie":ci6znppf said:
I was telling Steve last night that drought will make you rethink everything... It changes your entire perspective on life. This weather is insane.

More than once I have had my ducks in a row and my cropping plans made and drought just changes everything. Floods are bad. Hail is bad. Global warming is gonna have me growing pineapples. But drought saps a person's reserves like nothing else.

When a drought ends, you take off your shirt and stand in the rain and it all washes away.

I have been known to sit in a chair outside and just let it rain all over me. Yes, there's nothing better than when it ends. It makes you feel like there is hope again.

We have had a pretty ugly drought in Alberta this year and it has also been darned cold! Froze on July 1st, got the beans in the garden!
Somehow, like the guy from Montana, I have a bad feeling about this fall. I suspect we might see a hard frost about the middle of August when the full moon comes? The crops are way behind up here due to the drought and the cool weather. I can feel a real wreck coming.

This drought/plenty cycle goes back a loooong time. Remember the 7 fat years and the 7 lean years in the story of Joseph? That wasn't just a parable.

peg4x4":2wftkkbw said:
This drought/plenty cycle goes back a loooong time. Remember the 7 fat years and the 7 lean years in the story of Joseph? That wasn't just a parable.
I thought we already did those starting back in 1996. :)

Saw the northern lights back on the 27th of June. Rather weird, they were light blue and in the north west sky. A week later we got hit with that nasty hail storm.
Well saw them again last night directly north. Told the hubby he had better get the hay laid down and then baled up because he has a week.

Even weirder our barometer needle was pointing straight down at the 6 o'clock position yesterday. Never seen it do that before.

let us know what happens with the weather- mabe I can use those signs down here

Well Peg on Sunday we woke up to it raining. Just got a trace and the temps dropped from the upper 80's down to the low 70's. Rather weird because all the weather sites I use were saying no rain or slight chance.
It was also cooler then they predicted.

Saw other trees today changing color, they were not cottonwoods. the starlings are all flocked together and so are the meadowlarks. Noticed there are not that many robins around any more.

Just got a "feeling" to get everything done as fast as possible. Might be nothing, but also could be something.

I heard kadydids in the middle of June this year. Usually the middle of July. Old folks say when you hear the first one.........12 weeks to 1st frost. That would be the middle of September.......We shall see. :shock:

I wish I could have sent you the stuff we had around the first of June. It was wet, but also WHITE!
It has snowed here in Montana in August, I sure hope it doesn't.

I heard that Nashville (I think it was) set a record low for yesterday or the day before. It is where Mr. Gore lives. I wonder if he was aware of the global cooling happening in his town??

Latest posts