Early Christmas Present

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
The other day I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas and apart from a tire gauge for her car she said nothing. I told her I didn't want anything either and since neither of us see the point in buying a gift just for the sake of buying a gift we left it at that.

A few days later she came to me and said she knew what she wanted for Christmas and it was for me to give her my blessing to take the money I would have spent on her and put it toward a family who has three young children whose father has a terminal illness with a poor prognosis and has them strapped both mentally and financially. I told her I thought it would be a good idea and asked her to take whatever money she would have spent on me and use it for these children as well.

The sneaky woman got the letters the children had written Santa and took a personal day from work and went on a shopping spree. When I came home from work I found the floor covered in presents and there she was sitting amongst them like a giddy child showing me each present as she told me a little about each child bragging about them as if they were here own. The smile on her face was priceless. That smile, that beautiful loving smile, was my Christmas present and its memory I will remember and cherish till the day I die.

Jogeephus":zp8l82nn said:
The other day I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas and apart from a tire gauge for her car she said nothing. I told her I didn't want anything either and since neither of us see the point in buying a gift just for the sake of buying a gift we left it at that.

A few days later she came to me and said she knew what she wanted for Christmas and it was for me to give her my blessing to take the money I would have spent on her and put it toward a family who has three young children whose father has a terminal illness with a poor prognosis and has them strapped both mentally and financially. I told her I thought it would be a good idea and asked her to take whatever money she would have spent on me and use it for these children as well.

The sneaky woman got the letters the children had written Santa and took a personal day from work and went on a shopping spree. When I came home from work I found the floor covered in presents and there she was sitting amongst them like a giddy child showing me each present as she told me a little about each child bragging about them as if they were here own. The smile on her face was priceless. That smile, that beautiful loving smile, was my Christmas present and its memory I will remember and cherish till the day I die.
Although I have been told that I am generous, I can't hold a candle to you and yours... Bless you and the Mrs.

Truly an awesome story. That is what Christmas is all about! It makes me feel good to know that there are still generous people in this world who still think of others. May God bless you both and Merry Christmas.

Williamsv":l7zajb80 said:
Truly an awesome story. That is what Christmas is all about! It makes me feel good to know that there are still generous people in this world who still think of others. May God bless you both and Merry Christmas.

+1. Merry Christmas to you and yours Jo. Good deeds do not go unrewarded.

1982vett":3263qy82 said:
Although I have been told that I am generous, I can't hold a candle to you and yours... Bless you and the Mrs.

Thanks but it was all her doing so the only credit I can claim is choosing a wonderful person to share my life with. Like Bigfoot said, her doing this made me wish I had done more this year. Maybe that can be my resolution for the new year.