Early 2012-2013 Winter Forecast

Help Support CattleToday:

U can keep the snow, I dont want it. I am in the westen part of the band of the above normal snow.
I think our average is about 9" so maybe 10" wont be too bad. Done started stockpiling fexcue fo the winter. Hadn't planned on feeding much this winter.

Hmmmm...I wonder how close to accurate this is. I do know that we are 'due' for some snow again eventually. Although I certainly don't want some of those 36' deals we had a few years ago, although the moisture sure does come in handy.

Well, at least our woodshed is full, the freezer is full, 1/2 my canning is done and the hay is on its way.

Katherine

I find it hilarious that they can;t predict 24 hours ahead but they can predict months ahead!

Don't worry. If your region is like mine, their forecast has been wrong the last 2 winters.
Farmers Almanac tho, got it pretty much spot on both years.
I think those mild winters come with a price tho--we've had more bugs and worse weeds this year than any time I can remember--not that my memory is all that good anymore.

Personally I would like normal snow fall and normal temps instead of this predicted below normal snow fall and above normal temps. But that's just me.

dun":3glbrim9 said:
I find it hilarious that they can;t predict 24 hours ahead but they can predict months ahead!

Over here in Ohio, they can't predict 8 hrs ahead of time,( sometimes 4 !). they missed the high temp today by 10+ degrees..... :bang:

Latest posts