Earliest time to spray 2,4d + remedey

Help Support CattleToday:

Alsupk

Reaction score
When do you start spraying 2,4d + remedy? We have problems with thistle of all varieties and nightshade want to get an early start. Thanks.

" Weeds should be actively growing." This is the key. I spot sprayed for thistle this afternoon. They came early this year. I start my regular broadcast spraying when the weeds are " actively growing". For us its late March thru May but I will spray until it gets hot and dry.

Tell us more about where you are at and we can be of better help.

We are in the temple/belton texas area. We have thistle rosettes starting to come up.

Alsupk said:
When do you start spraying 2,4d + remedy? We have problems with thistle of all varieties and nightshade want to get an early start. Thanks.

If I remember correctly thistle actually comes up in the fall and overwinters as a flat stool. It really grows the next summer after that. So actually anytime the temp gets to 60F it's good to spray

Thistle is best sprayed early before they bolt. Spraying early shouldn't require anything other then 24D. Fall is a good time to spray, depending on location a spring follow up might be needed.

Latest posts