Earliest preg detection

Help Support CattleToday:

We dont have readily available ultrasound. It's crazy expensive... like cheaper to feed the open cow and take your chances on a calf... expensive.

You have to use common sense on all this stuff and understand what your working with. All of them are still a reference at best... not a guarantee.

When they come out with the instant blood ones we will be walking in high cotton.

What was the time difference between blood results and the opposite outcome? What was your test day after breeding (30 or longer)? How long after prior calving were you testing? Biopryn has some specific disclaimers about needing to be more than 60 days post calving to avoid hormones influence from previous pregnancy. Could the opens have slipped their calves early after their positive test? I use the biopryn, but also watch for heat after breeding. Nothing is 100% though. If they advertise 100% accuracy, keep your wallet in your pocket
cow that blood test was open but verified pregnant by vet was a couple weeks apart. vet palpated to confirm pregnant not ultrasound. I AI at least 60 days after calving and generally 35 days post breeding for blood test, so no samples taken before 60 day post calving requirement. it is possible that cows lost calf after preg checked but no way of knowing. also note that no cows ultrasound tested earlier did not lose a pregnancy. I generally ultrasound first group of synchronized cows since it is a larger group and biopryn cows that are later because cheaper if 5 or less cows need checked. 2 cows that tested preg but no calf were discovered around calf due date. biopryn does not claim 100% accuracy but I think 97% - 99% accurate. so far my ultrasound results have been 100%. just had my first group ultrasound and they were 31 - 46 days post breeding.

Latest posts