Ear Tags

Help Support CattleToday:

Ihave used Allflex,Fearing and Y- tex. Can't say one is better than the others but Y-tex are easier to read in small size because it hangs down below the calfs ear.The applicator is unhandy for calves ,though.

i have used ritchey tags for years, everytime i substitute something else, i go back to the ritchey's. just grind off surface for number or whatever you want on tag, and it stays forever................

a dremmel tool, you can get the tip from them or many people probably already have them. google ritchey, they have an 800 number also., for questions. i like the solid colors with the white underneath, really shows up from a distance, can also mark the back if you want. they use reg. buttons that other tags use, and basically any newer applicator will work, if you have the right button or inserter pin.

Ritchey will engrave them w/ their computer engraver and its perfect and not bad priced. I use some of the large hotstamped tags and they wizz the sire code on top on jumbos you can get three lines with1 3/4 inch main letters. Really worth the money and they will just do one at a time.

Thanks very much. I found their website and I like the whizzing idea. Amazing how black steers can get mixed up if you don't keep track of who came from who - even in a small herd!!

Latest posts