• Pink

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neon Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yellow, red, green, light green, purple, white, and orange were already being used. The only one using blue is the son of a neighbor who has a small herd of register Char cows. He is away in the navy and our cows would never have the opportunity to mix. They spend the summer a long distance apart and you could tell the difference right off without looking at the ear tags.

Yellow for girls, blue for boys. Tried pink a couple years for girls, but just too hard to read. White works ok unless it gets really dirty, then it can be hard to read, whereas yellow doesn't have that same issue.

Looking at thousands of tags over the years, in the different dairies. Yellow is the easiest to read, orange a close second. Hate the red with black numbers.... often the lighter green will fade the numbers, whether write on or preprinted; white gets dirty more often.
We use yellow for males, white for mine and green for son's....

Yellow on cows and heifers, white on steer calves. Yellow is easier to see than other colors I've tried. My cows are all black and sometimes the ear tag is the only thing I can see when they are standing in the shadows. Many times I've been looking for a calf that is hiding in the brush and found them only because of that bright yellow or white tag. Fortunately the two closest ranches use light blue and red.

Latest posts