Ear tag collecting

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
It might sound silly, but recently I found some of the old style Allflex tags that they quit making sometime in the early 2000's and decided I was going to start collecting them to see how many different sizes and colors I could find and because I knew it would be a challenge. It has become quite clear after a short time that these things are as rare as hens teeth now days. I know there has to still be some sitting in around in people's barns and such and I was wondering if anyone on these boards might be able to help me out. Any that are in new condition are worth retail value to me.

I've got lots of them. The best ones are made in the 70's and 80's which weren't completely cheap plastic. The 90's Allflex tags were the end of my relationship with Allflex. Although I admit I am back using their new A-Tag, which I like.

You can come dig up the floor of our working barn. My husband and his father has been cutting out and throwing down eartags for over 60 years. They backgrounded calves, so the tags were varied in type.

I have some real old barns , if I find some I will keep you in mind.
I did have some real old hog tags.