ear infection

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have three red Brangus calves, two 3-week-old heifers and one 1-month-old bull. I have never had cattle before (let alone bottle calves), and I will post my other questions on the beginner's board, but my question right now is in regard to ear infections. One of my heifers has a greenish discharge from her right ear, and there is a fluid-squishing sound when you rub her ear. I have "A Guide to Raising Beef Cattle" by Heather Smith Thomas, but ear infections are not covered in it. Is there an over-the-counter remedy, or should I get my vet involved?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1ml97sv5 said:
: I have three red Brangus calves, two 3-week-old heifers and one 1-month-old bull. I have never had cattle before (let alone bottle calves), and I will post my other questions on the beginner's board, but my question right now is in regard to ear infections. One of my heifers has a greenish discharge from her right ear, and there is a fluid-squishing sound when you rub her ear. I have "A Guide to Raising Beef Cattle" by Heather Smith Thomas, but ear infections are not covered in it. Is there an over-the-counter remedy, or should I get my vet involved?<p>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Latest posts