E-Z Trail Gravity Wagons

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
I think I need to get one of these E-Z Trail Gravity Wagons before next winter to buy, store and feed with. Any thoughts?

https://www.e-ztrail.com/products/gravity_wagons.php

gravity_wagon_model_400.jpg

How big would I want for 60 head?

50 bushel 2 ton w/5.70-8 tires - $1,760
230 bushel 8 ton w/11L-15 tires - $3,810
300 bushel 10 ton w/12.5L-15 tires - $4,775
400 bushel 13 ton w/14L-16.1 tires - $6,795
500 bushel 15 ton w/16.5L-16.1 tires -$8,865

M-5":3em3dt3m said:
Gravity flow wagons have gotten expensive because of deer hunters , The old used ones with good running gear 1500. bucks
I have been watching CL's for months.. Nada.

You are right about expensive. This is the first time I looked at new and was floored at the cost.

used ones around here are high 800 an up those arent really road worthy
are you haveing feed delivered ?if not an your going to tram it far you will need a good size tractor to pull 250 bu an up over hilly rds 300 an up if pull with pick up i will say you need breaks on running gears you could look around pick an ol f600 or 700 or ol chevy grain truck for the cost of new wagon put farm tag keep insurance under 50 to 100 mile radius mine 250 they will push 3/4 ton two wheel drive pretty hard just plain gear an weight in bed of pick up around here there are a lot old bulk bin comming off hog farm cheap enough to have it delivered but still kinda pricey when you figure you need concret pad
max speed is 11 mph with mine :2cents: :2cents:

HDRider":2jb4smtj said:
I have been watching CL's for months.. Nada.

You are right about expensive. This is the first time I looked at new and was floored at the cost.
200 bushel is a handy size to have... wouldn't recommend buying new.
Browsing local farm auction fliers might be your best bet to find a good used one.

The 230 is what you want. The small one is useless unless your close to the feed source. All mine and most of the one's I see for sale hold about 150bu. And that's a load to stop at highway speeds, because you have no trailer tongue weight.

Latest posts