dying cows

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My cows is loosing weight then later in a few weeks or a month.The cows gets down and cant get back up.They act as if there down in their down in there hips.They cant stand up there so weak in there hips and then cant raise there heads to eat or drink.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

[email protected]

> My cows is loosing weight then
> later in a few weeks or a
> month.The cows gets down and cant
> get back up.They act as if there
> down in their down in there
> hips.They cant stand up there so
> weak in there hips and then cant
> raise there heads to eat or
> drink.PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Vicki the vet what is your insight on my dying cows?ALL HELP IS NEEDED!!!!!!

[email protected]

Without all the information, it's tough to diagnose. First guess would be nutrition is lacking, the cows are starving. If they have all they want to eat, the quality may be lower than they need, or maybe it is toxic on some level.(nitrates come to mind).

Get your vet out to assess the whole herd. Buy some feed and mineral and hope for the best.

Jason

[email protected]

Ok....losing weight? Could be Johne's Mycoplasma Tuberculosis Bovine leukosis Anaplasmosis, other exotic (to me) disease Poor Nutrition Incredible parasitism hairballs and likely a whole pile of things I can't think of off the top of my head. Get your vet out, get some diagnostics done (fecal and bloodwork at a minimum) and if something has died, get a post mortem done to determine the cause of death!!! Good Luck V

Latest posts