Dust Storm

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Hopefully you folks out west fertilized really well. We are getting your topsoil. There is so much in the air I cannot see the sun. The winds are howling.

Fires have now broken out. There is an emergency declaration for Hood and Parker Counties. From what I understand the Rock Church community is pretty much devastated. The city of Granbury is being choked out by the smoke.

There are going to be a lot of homes and farms taken by this one. I feel for anyone who used wooden posts.

Yesterday was a beautiful day: IT WAS THE EYE OF THE HURRICANE!!

Today, wind blowing out of West at 40 to 60 mph. Some areas North of here and in Amarillo area have reported winds almost 70 mph. Wind and sand blowing like crazy. Just don't understand those "row crop farmers" who seem to re-do their cotton rows every few weeks...some were just loosening up soil this week! Guess they now realize that many tons of their topsoil is headed East and SE of here...and these are "seasoned" farmers... And, only minimal chances of rain this weekend. On a sidebar: At our location we have had less than 2" of rain since Oct. 20, 2008...got 1.2" in March that promptly evaporated...

Tomorrow supposed to be West Texas "Calm": 10 to 15 mile winds. It's like when I lived in SW Kansas and was flying a plane...anything under 15 mph was called "light and variable"...lol.

Start shaking the "Rain Stick". May we need to install a pipeline from Fargo,ND...

We had the fires last year, the floods this year. Next year it will probably be locusts or frogs....

Hope all goes well for you.

We did get a rain last month. A good rain. Thankfully the cedar trees are not flashing like buckets of gasoline. With 6 percent humidity and 50 MPH winds, those cedars dry out in a hurry.

Latest posts