Dust in my Dodge!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bum Steer

Reaction score
We are 3 1/2 miles of gravel before we get to pavement. Ive given up on washing the exterior, but please, please tell me how to keep the dust out of the cab. Windows up, air on , fan blasting, and 25 MPH. There is a new layer of dust on the dash when I shut 'er down.
(I think I can plant potatoes in the back seat cup holders)

Who the heck comes to a cattle board and complains about dust in truck cab. I did a 15 minute clean on the 2019 F350 one day at work last winter cuz a guy shamed me into it. The dirt, feed dust, tack, used med bottles, parts, and tools are part of the charm. I promise once you learn to accept it you'll be happier.

I will admit a nice clean truck is sure nice. Unfortunately it's not a reality for us. Keeping A/C on recirc and a clean cabin air filter will help. A friend of mine came out to look at doing some dirt work for us last week. I drove him around in the Kubota sxs with a cab. When we got back to his nice clean truck I saw him wipe a little weed off that was stuck in the bumper. I looked around in the Kubota and thought I bet that guy thinks I'm a slob, 😆. The girls winter freeze gear from 2 yrs back is still piled on the dash covered in dust. You never know when you'll need a pink tabagon and small cotton gloves though. Or several pair of scratched or broken sunglasses

Last edited:
Not much better living in town. It's so dry and windy here vehicles stay covered in dust inside and out.
Get used to it. It's why God made water hoses, air compressors and leaf blowers.

Who the heck comes to a cattle board and complains about dust in truck cab. I did a 15 minute clean on the 2019 F350 one day at work last winter cuz a guy shamed me into it. The dirt, feed dust, tack, used med bottles, parts, and tools are part of the charm. I promise once you learn to accept it you'll be happier.

I will admit a nice clean truck is sure nice. Unfortunately it's not a reality for us. Keeping A/C on recirc and a clean cabin air filter will help. A friend of mine came out to look at doing some dirt work for us last week. I drove him around in the Kubota sxs with a cab. When we got back to his nice clean truck I saw him wipe a little weed off that was stuck in the bumper. I looked around in the Kubota and thought I bet that guy thinks I'm a slob, 😆. The girls winter freeze gear from 2 yrs back is still piled on the dash covered in dust. You never know when you'll need a pink tabagon and small cotton gloves though. Or several pair of scratched or broken sunglasses
Yup. Agreed. But not to mention the times Ive been able to write a phone ## or a license plate number in the dust on th dash with my finger. I guess I am blessed.

Not much better living in town. It's so dry and windy here vehicles stay covered in dust inside and out.
Get used to it. It's why God made water hoses, air compressors and leaf blowers.
Um, gotta disagree with ya on one point GB, wasnt it was actually the devil that invented the leaf blower?

We are 3 1/2 miles of gravel before we get to pavement. Ive given up on washing the exterior, but please, please tell me how to keep the dust out of the cab. Windows up, air on , fan blasting, and 25 MPH. There is a new layer of dust on the dash when I shut 'er down.
(I think I can plant potatoes in the back seat cup holders)
Best low-cost inconvenient method is to drive only after a rain....second high-cost method is to pave that 3.5 miles.
What you really want to hear practically speaking... the best way to keep dust out of your cab....is drive at 5-mph, windows up tight, and no a/c fan on.