Dunmovin

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if you have ever used any of the Red Angus bulls or semen from Neo-Sho Farms? They are located in south Missouri. If so, what were your results?

I recently came across an ad they ran in a publication I subscribe to and saw a picture of a bull that I think is "Neo-Sho La Roca", a real impressive looking brute (no doubt posed at the angle most favorable to display him). I of course know that the picture tells only a little bit of the story, but my curiosity has been piqued. I may want to look into his EPD's etc., and I realize that they or other breeders may have more impressive bulls, but just thought I'd ask if you have been down that road already.

I've never used any of their bulls directly. They had one that I was really lit up about but they had sold him the Bieber and I didn't feel like paying the shipping on the semen. The reason I specified directly is because I have several cows from their herd. The only one sired by a Neo-Sho bull is by Millenium. He's available from either Genex or Accelerated. She had a very nice heifer last year and really poured the milk to it. That was part of the problem, during the summer she didn't handle the heat as well as any of the other cows/heifers. She lost a lot of condition but never slacked of in the milk department. She took first service at 16 months of age and bred right back last year even with her loosing condition. Kirby has some excellent cattle that are bred to work and raised on fescue. Last year I asked him about one of the heifers, the onethat was loosing condition, he said to let him know if it was a problem and he'ld make it right. Pretty damn decent since I bought her as a yearling. I didn't make the sale last year, family situation, but I'll defenitely be there this year and looking to pick up some more heifers. If you want to see what kind of data all the seedstock producers should provide on their sale catalog you have got to see theirs.

dun

> I was wondering if you have ever
> used any of the Red Angus bulls or
> semen from Neo-Sho Farms? They are
> located in south Missouri. If so,
> what were your results?

> I recently came across an ad they
> ran in a publication I subscribe
> to and saw a picture of a bull
> that I think is "Neo-Sho La
> Roca", a real impressive
> looking brute (no doubt posed at
> the angle most favorable to
> display him). I of course know
> that the picture tells only a
> little bit of the story, but my
> curiosity has been piqued. I may
> want to look into his EPD's etc.,
> and I realize that they or other
> breeders may have more impressive
> bulls, but just thought I'd ask if
> you have been down that road
> already.

Thanks for your comments. I quickly visited their website and see that Millenium looks to have good EPD's pretty much across the board. They list several Bieber named bulls --- Beiber Make Mimi might be good for a guy like me (absentee owner and/or weekender) --- negative 3.7 for BW, and 43 WW, 71 YW and 44 TM. Good luck at the 4/12/03 sale.

Latest posts