Dung beetles

Help Support CattleToday:

they been back in force lately..... i started noticein' it in the horse manure one day apples, next day it looked like sawdust

gabby":1nsh7yr1 said:
Do you use fly minerals? I did and it killed all my dung beetles. Haven't had any db's for about 3 years now. I don't use fly minerals any more.

I've used a mineral with IGR (Altosid) for several years now and seems every cow pile has seveal dung beetles in it. The company promotes it as "Dung beetle friendly". Cydectin also promotes there pour on wormer the same way.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":30incg1n said:
The ad selling DB's says 55+ degree nights. That leaves me out. No wonder I never see any. We have lots of nights below 55 during the middle of the summer.
what do they get for the bettles, i may be setting on a gold mine

100/ unit 118.00
2+ units 100.00
5+ units 92.00
Onthophagus spp.
Dung Beetles
southern US (night temp 55ºF+ )
bury manure to decrease
flies, improve
soil, use in rotational
grazing
starter colony
DUNG1

Cutting & pasting out of a chart doesn't work very well - but, a starter colony is $118 for 100 - so, yup, you've got a goldmine - worth over $1/each!!!!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":36uuaw4x said:
100/ unit 118.00
2+ units 100.00
5+ units 92.00
Onthophagus spp.
Dung Beetles
southern US (night temp 55ºF+ )
bury manure to decrease
flies, improve
soil, use in rotational
grazing
starter colony
DUNG1

Cutting & pasting out of a chart doesn't work very well - but, a starter colony is $118 for 100 - so, yup, you've got a goldmine - worth over $1/each!!!!

Ala...there you have it....don't tell the wife what you're doing when you're out there "harvesting" ...just let her "watch and wonder" if you've lost your mind. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts