Dun...

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll bet Dun just puts pictures like that on his avatar just to make people ask questions. Similar to me. My kids will ask me what something is and I tell them "Its a new invention to make kids ask questions. Works pretty well, eh?"

Cattle Rock......... what is that a pic of? I was at a sale last winter, they brought in 3 of those fuzzy long horn things, everyone laughed, then they sold the #400 for $50 a head. Are they corriente?

No, guest. They were Highlands....the joke is they are slow growers and ugly. Don't make sense raising Highlands in a hot climate like TX or in CA (Seen them in CA at a sale once and the daytime temp that day was 102 degrees...the joke that day was how stupid to raise a woolly animal in a hot climate, its like wearing a sweater on a hot day!).

Cattle Rock......... what is that a pic of? I was at a sale last winter, they brought in 3 of those fuzzy long horn things, everyone laughed, then they sold the #400 for $50 a head. Are they corriente?

That is one of my old campaigner Highland cows. I wouldn't think they would be very profitable down south. But up here, where the temperature hits -40 F , all that extra hair saves alot of feeding because it takes them less energy to keep warm. They are excellent foragers and the crossbred calves I get off of them grow as fast as my other British type cattle. We sell the calves as grass finished freezer beef. She had her last calf at the end of June, her back feet are foundered. In some tribes in Africa, when a well respected member of the tribe died, his flesh would be cut up and distributed so that his strength and wisdom would be passed onto the rest of the tribe. We will honor her in this way. The hamburger is excellent.

Latest posts