IMG_20170107_075709822_HDR_zpsdgeh2znc.jpg

IMG_20170107_080847460_TOP_zpsojbasjph.jpg

IMG_20170107_080841747_zpsdsaqagk6.jpg

IMG_20170107_104101462_zps06pfxpk9.jpg

opened up the sheds for some of the cattle

IMG_20170107_155458913_HDR_zpsazb8iaoa.jpg

piled the snow and helped my kids build an igloo

IMG_20170107_172102397_zpsgzxxjy7p.jpg

You must've gotten quite a bit more than we did. We have about 4" on the ground, cleared off about 1 pm and maybe hit freezing. Was 39* on thermometer that is against the wall in the sun but it doesn't look like anything thawed at all, so I know that wasn't the true temp. Not supposed to get out of the 20's tomorrow. At least it is a light dry snow here, easy to push, shovel and sweep out of the way. Be careful out plowing etc.

farmerjan":26nwt7ru said:
You must've gotten quite a bit more than we did. We have about 4" on the ground, cleared off about 1 pm and maybe hit freezing. Was 39* on thermometer that is against the wall in the sun but it doesn't look like anything thawed at all, so I know that wasn't the true temp. Not supposed to get out of the 20's tomorrow. At least it is a light dry snow here, easy to push, shovel and sweep out of the way. Be careful out plowing etc.

12" here thanks I will.. vdot guy told me over 1000 accidents today

My son got out of the snow here . They shipped him and several other trucks and guys from various VDOT headquarters here down to the norfolk and surrounding areas because they were supposed to get hit alot more than here. I haven't heard from him since he left Friday morning. I had heard there were alot of accidents. Most always have more the first snow cuz everyone forgets to be sensible....

I sure don;t envy you guys. We only got about 3 inches but it's been punishing cold. Temps from low single digits to below zero at night with highs in the mid teens. Almost hit freezing today but it's supposed to start getting warmer after tomorrow.

Nesikep":1ex2dqbb said:
And here's why I can't have anything nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tid3iCFRJ8

Do they just rub or do they get a hankering for the plastic as well? Mine love to chew the handlebars, seat, fenders and racks. I don't get too worried about it as it was cows who paid for it in the first place, and they will pay for the next one.

Aaron":tf817gkg said:
Nesikep":tf817gkg said:
And here's why I can't have anything nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tid3iCFRJ8

Do they just rub or do they get a hankering for the plastic as well? Mine love to chew the handlebars, seat, fenders and racks. I don't get too worried about it as it was cows who paid for it in the first place, and they will pay for the next one.
The one cow I have which I'm certain has a vinyl deficiency hasn't figured it out yet.. That cow will chew on *anything*.. if the fence isn't hot she'll chew up the wire (50 yards at a time), and then proceed to pull the insulators off the posts and chew them up too
For now, it's just rubbing on the handles.. thankfully the brake levers are useless, it only has a rear foot brake, and I will probably never fix the rest of them

Nesikep":p3e2fyz4 said:
The one cow I have which I'm certain has a vinyl deficiency hasn't figured it out yet..

:lol:. I hope the rest of y'all stocked up, and are making it through this weather. And stocked up on milk ;-)

Sky, must've been a glitch in the communications for deliveries???? It's 50+ degrees, rainy/cloudy, and supposed to be in the 30's-50's all week. Who ran out of milk?

We dodged a bullet last night, got an inch and a quarter of rain on top the of 3/8 inch of ice. Didn;t melt the ice but it didn;t add any to it. Hit 36 today and only a couple of trees lost fair sized lims. Haven;'t been out in the woods to see that, but the ice is about gone now.

Latest posts